Chit Chat instead of lurk thread!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Sounds like the typical dads build the cars the kids are supposed to build.

When I was a cubmaster we had an open category for all the parents and big brothers and sisters.
I am building my own as Tiger Leader and DH is building his own for the general adult category. Since our son is only 6 he and Dad did the most of the cutting hand over hand with the coping saw. It was interesting that it was the youngest boys who insisted on doing the work themselves as much as possible. The older boys were off playing marbles and letting the grown-ups work. The assistant pack leader was running some power tools and assisting the middle group. But the oldest ones. Pffft! They couldn't have cared less.

FC, I will always regret not buying a Ushanka when we were in Russia. Always!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Yes it is quiet but jerky on the board...LOL
changing avatars, posts in boxes, what is next?

HEY IT IS SNOWING IN MAIDEN, NORTH CAROLINA.

Yup, small fine flakes are coming full force out there right NOW!
they said 2-4 inches for morning. I doubt it but cool if it happened!!!

Lets see, I need snowshoes, down parka, big fur Russian hate with ear flaps, scarf, gloves with fur lining, snow goggles to prevent blindness, thermal socks, (2 pair), full face cover mask, --I think that should hold me for feeding goats tomorrow morning!!!

what did I forget?
To stay indoors by a warm fire and let Tony do it all! :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You ain't kidding on that one! I hate cold weather and this bit of snow and cold wind doesn't help one bit!!!!!!

LOL

wind is the killer. a cold wind just stops me. I hate it but it is winter and what else can one do but endure....yea I have it nothing like you northern people!