Chocolate Cravings Solution

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't know if you get chocolate cravings like I do, but I get to feeling downright deprived when I get in the mood for a Snickers Bar and I won't let myself have it. Or Hershey's Kisses. So I have been experimenting with cocoa, stevia and coconut oil. I finally found the missing ingredient: Peanut Butter!
So now I mix up a bowl of this delicious goop and eat a spoonful or two when I feel the need. I haven't measured anything, but you just start out mixing stuff and add a little more of something. Here's kinda what I do:

about 3 heaping tablespoons of powdered cocoa
about 3 heaping teaspoons of powdered stevia
dash of vanilla, tiny dash of salt
coconut oil--maybe 2 tablespoons
Mix all this up and then add peanut butter till you get it just the way you like it. Probably at least a half a cup.

If it's too sweet, add more cocoa. Too stiff, add more coconut oil. Too chocolatey, add more peanut butter.
You can drop it onto wax paper by spoonfuls and let it harden in the fridge.You can use as a spread for toast, like Nutella. You can use chunky peanut butter if you like, or add your own nuts. You can use as natural a peanutbutter as you can find. I was going to make my own peanut butter, but can't find peanuts till the new crop comes in, I guess.

I know, there are still calories in this. But there's good fat, protein, and most importantly, Chocolate!!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I used to make something similar when I was trying to be low carb. I used Cream cheese instead of peanut butter. Made a nice fluffy desert. Only a couple bites and the cravings were quenched.

g

KnittyGritty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I keep something similar on hand.

1/2 C. + 2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 C. + 2 T. almond meal (optional)
1/2 C. + 2 T. coconut oil
1/2 C. + 2 T. unsweetened coconut
2 T. honey
1 t. vanilla
large pinch salt

Melt and mix all together, then spoon into ice cube trays. Refrigerate until set, then pop out and keep in a container or ziplock in the refrigerator, since it melts at 76 degrees.

I've never tried it without the almond meal. This is a dark chocolate with only 2 T. honey. The recipe called for 1/4 C., but I like it better with less.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
For some reason, I suddenly want fudge.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing the same, as well as making some fudge. :hide

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya'll are killing me! I made cajeta yesterday and had my sugar limit for at least a month. :barnie I might try it with stevia next time....

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It's a caramelized type of milk sauce. I've never had any, but it looks yummy. I'm thinking of making some this fall.