Chocolate Cravings Solution

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You're right Deb. It's a sweet treat traditionally made in Mexico. My recipe was a basically a quart of goat milk and a cup of sugar. You bring the milk and sugar to a low boil, add 1/4 tsp of baking soda (remove it from the heat to do this in case of excess bubbling) and then you simmer for about an hour until the milk is reduced and caramel-y. It is sooo good. That quart of milk you start with reduces to about a cup of good stuff....great as an ice cream topping, or swirled in your oatmeal, even a little in your coffee.... nectar of the gods!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
No brownies for me. Hubby used up almost all of the butter. :hit So, I'm making chocolate chip banana bread instead. I have enough butter for that.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I've seen different recipes for the cajeta. A couple had a cinnamon stick added to it, another had vanilla. Wonder how it would taste dip in chocolate?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
For my first attempt, I stuck with the basic recipe. I saw some that called for cinnamon and I'll try that next time. OH, I've gotta tell you - a little chocolate on top of the cajeta will be heavenly! Is it dinner time yet?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It's almost bed time here! But, I can't go to bed yet.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I was baking chocolate chip banana bread, and had to wait for it to get all done. Then of course, I had to sample it. :drool