Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake - by request

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I'm getting ready to make this, just had to get on and get the recipe. I'll probably put some powered sugar on the top, just so it looks pretty. It's for after church tomorrow.
I'd put the powdered sugar on right before you serve it, because it's very moist and you'll just lose the powdered sugar into the top of the cake.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
When I first told my hubby what I was making, he didn't like the sound of it. He's since changed his mind. I just hope he doesn't eat it while I'm gone! (I'm at the farm.)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Everyone at church loved the cake! But, my hubby didn't. I liked it too, so that's all that matters.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Next time I make it, I'm only going to do a half recipe. But, I think I'll increase the amount of cocoa. It just wasn't chocolaty enough for me.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Next time I make it, I'm only going to do a half recipe. But, I think I'll increase the amount of cocoa. It just wasn't chocolaty enough for me.
me neither, but I don't measure, so I actually wrote the recipe the way I have it written down, but I always add more cocoa. yummmmmmm

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
dudes. i'm not even kidding. we finished that cake and i'm about to make another one. i think i need cake rehab.

;-)

and thanks B! i can't take any pix b/c we finished the cake but its fame will soon spread thru the blog-o-sphere!

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
gotta admit:My first reacton was "THAT IS DISGUSTING" reluctantly I decided to go ahead and make it now all i can say is :drool

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, gosh, I'll have to wait until another family gathering.... tapping fingers on the desk impatiently waiting for somebody's birthday - oh wait, the next one's mine and not until September.....drat, drat, drat! Oh and have you noticed Duke's Mayo is now advertising chocolate cake made with Dukes?