Christmas Cookies

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Which ones are your favorite? I am thinking about making some Christmas cookies this year and maybe selling them next year. Which ones do you love and which ones would you be mostly like buy from a craft show or order by the dozen?

So far I am thinking:
Cream Wafers
Snickerdoodles
Buckeyes
snowballs
clothespin cookies
lemon cookies
peanut butter blossoms

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Chocolate chip and Sugar cookies always seem to be best sellers. It's what my kids always go for anyway.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
From your list, I'm a sucker for a good snickerdoodle. Kids love some peanut butter blossoms but generally speaking their favorite Christmas cookies usually involve chocolate like haystacks, chocolate no bakes, FUDGE (okay, I know it's not a cookie but that's something that goes over BIG at Christmas).

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I was thinking that if I get serious about selling cookies and stuff next year I would do a couple of flavors of fudge too. Chocolate, mint chocolate, peanut butter, cherry, then maybe strawberries and creme and cookies n' creme. I LOVE fudge! I could sell assortment trays of fudge with like 10 flavors too. Cookies go for 3/$1 or $4 a dozen at the local craft show. They are pretty small cookies. The cream wafers are slightly bigger than a quarter. So I would do the fudge in small enough pieces to fall under that price too.
My mom and I are really good at making hard tack too! So I was thinking peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon, extra hot cinnamon, and then an assortment. That can be made ahead of time.
Then if that all worked out for selling those I would maybe add pumpkin rolls. I would need a lot of practice making those first though.

This is of course all in the planning and dreaming stages for next Christmas. I am not sure I can get enough orders to do it this year.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Chocolate covered Oreos, pretzels, and cake balls would probably go good too!
OMG! I just looked at the cookies.com website and the chocolate covered oreos are almost $2 EACH!! Seriously! .50 each is probably a better price! I don't think you can get more than that for them around here.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
And shortbread, sugar cookies. even though they are not on the list. Those are sought after at Christmas time in my house. and my mil puts red and green sprinkles on them to make them look festive.

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My favorite Christmas cookie (at least that's when I always make them) is Cherry Winks. I figure they would be more expensive to than most cookies because they have cherries, dates and nuts in them. Oh boy, they are good though!

Second to that would be anything with lots of chocolate. Then gingerbread cookies. :) I like snickerdoodles too.

I'm not sure what a clothespin cookie is...gonna look that up.