Christmas Cookies

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
:th

Since I haven't had a cookie in months, and I'm on a cleanse.. I'd say ALL!
Stop it! Stop it I say!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Soft sugar cookies with frosting - not that hard glaze stuff, blech.

But from the list - Buckeyes are a bit of an addiction for me.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
to sell?

i'd say the jar version. dry ingredients, just add eggs. so snickerdoodles work wonderfully.

or a sugar cookie decorate it yourself set up for kids. i've seen those do decently.

but gift jars or bake them fresh at home sell best :)

just to nom?

i've always loved the no bake chocolate cookies. :D i can still make something similar enough to not die on my diet :D and buckeyes. and peanut butter cookies....

i bet i can do a really good pb with almond meal instead of flour! elana's pantry has a great cranberry cookie done that way... they're soft and chewy even!

i love haystacks too. and i read about turning gingerbread man cut outs into ninjas and then making awesome sugar cookies and gingerbread ninjas. i want to do that this year if i can afford a few cutters.

and agreed on SOFT frosting not the hard glaze junk. yech.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I make a cream cheese sugar cookie(cutouts) for the holidays and this year, since I learned to make marshmallow fondant I am gonna put a nice cutout of the white fondant on top and let them dry just to set and then we are buying some of the food coloring markers that they have now and let the little ones color them for us!(lucky for us so far, no one is allergic to the food coloring). And if you put the fondant on while the cookies are still a bit warm it melts down a bit and sticks well.
But some of the family favorites are still
chocolate chip cookies
white chocolate chip with either macadamia or cashew nuts.
Russian Tea cakes
Eggnog Spritzers
Gingerbread cutouts with lemon glaze
and of course the lemon bars. lol

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This site has lots of cookie recipes to look at
http://www.christmas-cookies.com/recipes/all.php

This thread is making me :hit we are on an elimination diet again, although I did make a fantastic GF pumpkin bundt cake for dessert yesterday :D No cookies for us this year other than no flour PB and GF/DF fudge.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Buffalo Cookies

1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon salt
1 cup Quaker oats(quick or old fashioned)
1 cup corn flakes, crushed to about cup
1 cup Hersheys Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
cup chopped pecans
cup flake coconut

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking sheet with Butter Flavor Crisco ( I prefer to use baking paper instead)
2. Combine Butter Flavor Crisco, granulated sugar, brown sugar milk and vanilla in a bowl, Beat at low speed till until well blended. Add eggs, beat at medium speed till well blended.
3. Combine flour,baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Stir in oats, corn flakes, chocolate chips, nuts and coconut.
4. After it is mixed well,I take a glob of the dough about the size of a golfball ,mash it together and place it on the parchment paper about 3-4 inches apart.
5. Bake at 350 for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool for 3 minutes before you move them to a cooling rack. THIS is why I like to use the parchment paper! You can just slide the entire paper off the cookie sheet to the counter to cool,throw another piece of paper on the sheet and get that sheet ready to go again in a matter of minutes. I also use TWO cookie sheets,that way ONE of them is the oven at all times!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you know, from a marketing point of view you want from me, I just never truly buy cookies. I make my own, but I sure know there is a market for them at the holidays.

for me the best is something that is covered in white powder sugar....I just love that taste and fluffy white color LOL