Christmas music/tree.....lets chat.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love it.
I found my christmas music cds. And yup, I played them the other day....it was wild.

I truly love christmas songs. I sang and dusted. I sang and folded laundry...LOL

anyone else into christmas songs. they just make me smile big time and give me that warm fuzzy feeling. I love my christmas cds. Unpacked them a bit ago working on christmas boxes.

So, anyone got a tree up YET!!!!

We do ours usually after Dec 7 (my b-day) but I think this year I am going to do it this Wednesday. Tonys parents coming for dinner. I will put up the tree and lights and Grandma/Papa can help Nicole decorate the tree! I think they would enjoy doing that with her.

I really am getting into that spirit this year. usually I was so packed with farm work I didn't have time to enjoy...this year I do and I am going to embrace the holiday spirit! Wee.....

So what kind of tree do you get and what are your plans for the holiday this year??

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have been humming a few Christmas songs for a couple weeks now! :lol: I get tired of the ones they play on the radio after about ..oh..an hour. Edited to add that it's because I don't care for Elvis or John Lennon's or some of the other artist's version of some of the songs. Some are beautiful, though.

We usually have Christmas at our daughter's house. Last year I didn't even put up the tree. But! We're under construction (that seems like it wil never be finished), so I decided not to mess with it. Before we moved out here, I started putting out the Christmas stuff the day after Thanksgiving (or that night) and took it down New Years Day.

I'm a fake Christmas tree person. I love the smell of a fresh one, but around here, it's a lot cheaper to use a fake one year after year.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
mine goes up the day after thanks giving. i like to get one holiday out of the way before prepping for the next.

my tree is fake, it always has been and always will be...mines only 4 ft, pre-lit and acually quite nice for a cheap fakey...cant realy tell from a distance.
for the pine smell i actually put a little plastic cup with a lid with little holes poked in it (a betta cup) with pine sol behind the tree...gives just enough pine smell to make it feel like christmas (and i LOVE the smel of pinesol lol) without the sap and needles to clean up later lol.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I am not a *music person Christmas or other wise - but this is my time of year to watch TV. I normally hate TV but I love all the Christmas movies. For the last few years my Christmas tree has been just a tiny 1 or 2 foot some kind of potted plant kind of decorated with costume jewelry. I love Christmas but with just DH and myself I really did not have a reason to decorate much. Plus DH hates Christmast stuff. But this year my DD and DGD are here so I have plans. Big Plans. I can't wait to decorate. The tree will be artificial even though I prefer real. But DD's stepmom bought her a beautiful tree last year so we are going to use it.

*music - Having been married to two musicians - 1 keyboard player and 1 drummer - both of whom played every weekend not to mention Christmas parties and New Years parties - plus all the just for fun (for them) get togethers with other musicians, I seem to have developed an aversion to not only music but to any loud noises. I take my music listening in spells and then I only want low background music.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I usually can't tolerate anything Christmas before Thanksgiving. DH laughs at me because I mute commercials or change the station when Christmas-related stuff has come on in the past few weeks. But I have been thinking about what to do for a Christmas tree now that we're in the trailer. I hate to go without, but the fake tree we have won't fit. I think I might buy a potted balsam fir and decorate that. I'll probably be able to squeeze that in somewhere. I've always hated the fake tree, but it was free from my parents. I might use this as a way to go back to the real ones once we build our new house.

I'm super particular about Christmas music, but my ABSOLUTE favorite is Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
mine goes up the day after thanks giving. i like to get one holiday out of the way before prepping for the next.

my tree is fake, it always has been and always will be...mines only 4 ft, pre-lit and acually quite nice for a cheap fakey...cant realy tell from a distance.
for the pine smell i actually put a little plastic cup with a lid with little holes poked in it (a betta cup) with pine sol behind the tree...gives just enough pine smell to make it feel like christmas (and i LOVE the smel of pinesol lol) without the sap and needles to clean up later lol.
Pine Sol???? I never would have thought of doing that! :D

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I too like to put away one holiday before getting out the next.

Usually, will put my tree up sometime after Thanksgiving ... a week or two. Last year it was the week before Christmas (I was REALLY behind!). Thinking this year it'll go up a day or two after TDay. Last year after Christmas, I hit lots of decorations-sales and bought the ornaments, etc for this year's green-and-gold tree. When putting everything away, I labeled the tub "2011 Christmas decorations". Already have it out from the garage.

As a blended family, we have several fake trees. Mine's the tallest at 6' so it goes in the living room. The 4' goes in the fireplace room, and the 3' goes in my kid's room. All decorated differently. This year the 6' gets the green-and-gold, the 4' gets hodge-podge, and the 3' gets wooden ornaments. It will all be different next year.

As for music, I haven't gotten the CDs and tapes out yet. Will in a few weeks. When my 15 year old was young, I would sing him to sleep. Usually it was "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" ... until just a few years ago when he said he didn't need it any more.

Christmas music brings so many memories to the forefront. Growing up Southern Baptist, singing lead in "The Messiah" or other musicals, caroling with the youth group ... sooo many memories.