cigrette flavor/smell in pecans

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
rhoda_bruce said:
DH got home about 11:00pm last night from work and about that time, I took the dog out, cuz she was looking at me and following me around. Well, I decided to go in the coop, cuz the light is still on for the ducklings and one of my light brahma hens was walking around the coop, she met me at the gate and was just checking out the coop and jumping for the bugs that were attracted to the light. I was wondering why she was up in the middle of the night and then I said, its gotta be those pecans.
Probably the light. Chickens are senative to light that is why the Cock crows at Dawn.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
~gd said:
rhoda_bruce said:
DH got home about 11:00pm last night from work and about that time, I took the dog out, cuz she was looking at me and following me around. Well, I decided to go in the coop, cuz the light is still on for the ducklings and one of my light brahma hens was walking around the coop, she met me at the gate and was just checking out the coop and jumping for the bugs that were attracted to the light. I was wondering why she was up in the middle of the night and then I said, its gotta be those pecans.
Probably the light. Chickens are senative to light that is why the Cock crows at Dawn.
gd- they were jokes. Most of us are aware that birds are sensitive to light. It's why they use artificial lights in coops- to increase egg production

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Britesea said:
~gd said:
rhoda_bruce said:
gd- they were jokes. Most of us are aware that birds are sensitive to light. It's why they use artificial lights in coops- to increase egg production
Evidently I was really dense when I posted Before Again sorry for wasting everones time. BTW the lights also speed weight gain for meaties.