Cloth Diapering

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Cloth diapers were excellent for the eldest. She was sensitive to the disposables.

Side note. Somewhere I have a recipe for homemade wipes. Half roll of paper towels, baby lotion, witchhazel and couple of other things. If interested, I can look for it
I need to dig deeper. Did a quick Google search and it seems every recipe has essential oils (one even had CBD oil) and other extra stuff. Does the baby's bottom need to smell of lavender?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I need to dig deeper. Did a quick Google search and it seems every recipe has essential oils (one even had CBD oil) and other extra stuff. Does the baby's bottom need to smell of lavender?
Closest I could find. Add 1 teaspoon of witch Hazel. Otherwise spot on

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Same here! They washed and dried so nicely! Lines full of white! 😁 I had no problems folding "to fit". There were plastic covers to snap over when going out. Handling used took some advance thought...plastic bags. And frequent laundry!

There were NO packages of wipes back then. :lol: only the wet washclothes you carried along. Now you know why diaper bags used to look like a suitcase...and you emptied it at once when you got home!! I bought a lot of Clorox.

The expense was far less when you had reuse. Those disposable diapers are very costly. Plus, you have all that trashcan and landfill overflow. Gross. I even had lovely dust rags once kids went to training pants!
absolutely nothing better than an old cloth diaper for drying glassware! No Lint, and beautifully absorbent.
I actually cried a little when I had to throw the last one away.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not lavender, no. A clean baby has the most delightful smell in the world, without need of perfume. On the other hand, I might add some calendula oil to it- to help with any skin issues.

I remember my old pediatrician telling me the BEST thing for a baby's bottom is fresh air.

Latest posts