Coffee done now

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've had first cup, ready for more after AM chores.

My grandparents never had Pepsi, processed foods, etc. Worked all day, mostly by HAND not equipment -- unless you classify hoes & plow horses, & wash boards as equipment :old -- They ate what they grew, hunted, butchered. Both were in early 90s when they passed...even with eating fresh eggs, home canned food, raw milk, fermented veggies, wild game, occasional fresh butchered chickens, home brew, home made biscuits made with pure lard, fried foods with lard, home made butter & coffe was an all day event... etc. Lived in a "hollar" with outhouse, no electric & a well with a bucket. They had 7 kids and provided this food for them all.

Wonder how they survived? (No studies to read!!!!! OR time to read them. :lol:)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Now I hear even small amounts of alcohol daily damages your heart?!? :smack
oregonian_winesmiley-gif.556998
HELL to the NO! That's just wrong I tell ya - WRONG!!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been making coffee every morning this week, it's helping me get through the morning for sure!

I think anything related to health is tough; everyone's bodies are different and most things come down to genetics. So trying to parse out specifics is really difficult. But I don't dismiss everything - there's enough studies on the harmful effects of smoking (I'm not bashing anyone who smokes! Just an example of a large body of evidence to support a health effect)

I just try to follow moderation and hope for the best :). So coffee and wine for me!:caf
oregonian_winesmiley-gif.556998

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It comes down to genetics, your health and lifestyle in general and a host of other things. Everything in moderation.

Sláinte!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It comes down to genetics, your health and lifestyle in general and a host of other things. Everything in moderation.
I agree.....well...maybe except for that 'moderation' thing, lol! Just kidding - I do think you're right @sumi!

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I made a big pot of coffee this morning for everyone.
Though I've already had half of it ;)
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm late this a.m. getting my first cup. I'm justing enjoying the peace and quiet while everyone sleeps. Thanks for reminding me.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I have a meal replacement shake in the mornings, instead of a solid breakfast. Recently I started adding some "superfood" to the mix, pea, wheatgrass, etc powder and spirulina. Wonderful stuff, but wow, interesting drink to say the least. But I manage… (I hold my breath and drink it very, very quickly)

Anyway, gulped down my green goop this morning and caught sight of the leftover chocolate cake from DS's birthday party and had the wonderful idea to have a slice of that…. My stomach forgave me, but I will not be doing that again!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So this is THURSDAY -- guess everyone rushing to work!? I know that we have the "magic brew" ready and always work it in. Got up this AM feeling pretty good, slept well, ready for a whole pot it seemed. But had the usual large mug full & rushed to the feed store. Done! Had a brunch plate, now going to work for a few hrs to finish assignments.

When I got up today, feeling fit and all that, looked in mirror and say "WOW, I just didn't leave my parts where they are!" Gravity is so unforgiving!!!! OK, age too.....I mean, if I feel like 40 why do I need to look so much beyond? :idunno

It ain't right, I tell you :old

Then :caf time from this morning kicked in and I felt blessed to be ABLE to do and be. The chickens, goats, horses, cats & dog all love me (or at least my buckets). I walked into my tiny garden effort and admired the huge butternuts almost ready to pick.....the little ones coming on, the limas growing up their panel, picked a few grape tomatoes, filled all the water tubs, played with the little chicks, gave some garden lettuce to the goats and thanked the Almighty that I AM what I feel & love it.:celebrate

Thrilled I am still able to work and enjoy it all -- I hope each of you can have the same kind of day.:frow:hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is an awesome testament! I have those days....and then I have those "other" days from time to time, lol. I think a positive attitude is the biggest asset you can have!