Coffee done now

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You're welcome! Please show and tell how it turned out?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I heard a bit of a commotion outside now, cars coming past hooting and people cheering. Our little village's football team won the county semi-final match! Not bad, considering we only have around 500 people in this parish, half of which is babies, children or elderly. The pubs are going to busy tonight ;)

What news in you all's part of the world?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Too cool! Fun place to be tonight, I'm sure!

They're putting up a new cell phone tower in my town that will cover the "dead zone" through the sketchy road I drive on to go shopping. Seriously, in winter, there will be an inch of snow on either side and in the middle there are 3 feet. And it's steep, windy and full of moose. So I'll feel much safer once it's done! There's my bit of random news.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I spent the day at work making fresh veggie stir fry for samplings. It always amazes me that so many people actually don't cook or know how. They generally ask "where is it, what aisle". When I explain that these are FRESH veggies, cut, stir fried....it's like they didn't even know that could happen! :lol: Same with salsas, dips, etc. They want it "jarred and ready".

Saturday I'll promote fresh watermelon, peaches, apricots, etc. It will be a fresh salad mixture with lime juice, crumpled feta cheese & crushed mint leaves. Can't wait to explain THAT one!

Heading to bed soon. Up with the roosters at dawn, feed, open coops, get ready for work and leave.........yep, somewhere in there I will make my delicious coffee and enjoy it. Think I'll have a slice of toasted, multi grain bread with lotsa real butter to go along with it. Wake up and get into the mood to go cut up fruit, stir and dish out those cute little cups of joy. Chickens will be thrilled with rinds & leftovers when I get home tomorrow! :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need your kinda job!! Except...do you stand all day? My foot does not tolerate that very well...ugh.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep..stand all day. They are only 6 hr which includes set up & take down, so about 4.5-5 hr of actual sampling, depending on product prep, if cooking or cold, etc. Alcohol events are only 4 hr.

Went well today. Sold LOTS (which is why I'm there! :rolleyes:)

Plenty of left overs, so I have peaches, apricots, plums, nectarines, limes, honeydew & some watermelon & Feta cheese to eat up. The chickens cleaned those melon rinds in quick order. It was so, so hot out and these were sweet, cold and juicy! Same deal tomorrow....more free snacks. :drool

Of course, I can toss the rinds, etc. at the job but, my animals would disown me. LOL

Another rep was doing a coffee event, so I got my afternoon fix of caffeine while there.:cool:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another rep was doing a coffee event, so I got my afternoon fix of caffeine while there.:cool:
Sounds like what I need right now - my behind is dragging today... maybe instead of coffee I should have a glass of wine and crawl in bed...sounds so good.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Mini Horses, that sounds like a job with some very nice benefits! For you and the animals.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'll start the coffee today! Birds are singing! It's morning! Still dark here. I've been up all night canning since my MIL is coming to visit about lunchtime and my picked blueberries would be too "ripe" if I let them go another day. I baked a cake from scratch also since we have sugared sliced strawberries in the fridge to eat up too.