COFFEE UPDATE!! 1/2 a day thread for Coffee-Lovers!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I just had to tell you that some of my friends here spent $1100 for a coffee "machine"!! Can you believe it??
:th

Do you know how much actual coffee you could buy for that???

I would rather spend the $1100 on beans and grind them by pounding them with that horse shoe on a flat rock. Heck, for $1100 I could fly to Sumatra and pick my own beans....

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
How the heck did I miss this coffeeholic thread?

I would pay $1100 for a coffee machine if it could be hooked up to it intraveniously and it never ran dry.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
After my heart attack I had to go to decaf. :tongue :sick My Dr. thought it was a waste of perfectly good Beta Blockers, if I was just gonna load up on the caffeine. :gig

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
OK, coffee press people. I have one. I love the coffee it makes. How do I get the grounds out of it without having any go down the drain?? They are wet and disgusting to get out of the press and into the trash, then it has to be rinsed and the remnant grounds end up trying to go down the drain to plug it up. :(

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I dump mine into my "compost bowl". I use my hands to get them off the press then just wash my hands. Doesnt give my sink fits, the left overs just go right down the drain.

I have a new coffee press that I got last year, it is plastic so I'm trying not to use it as much as my glass one. It is called an AeroPress and I really love it, plastic and all. :(

Anyhoo... It came with a million little filters and when I'm done pressing the coffee, it forms a little coffee "pellet". I just press it right into the compost bowl, filter and all. Makes 2-4 cups of espresso and it is super easy to clean. I paid about $20 for it and I got it at Sur la Table.

WZ, I know....$1100!!! Crazy hua? It grinds the beans etc. yada yada yada...but $1100?????? They don't have kids or animals, and they are both working in the food industry in some capasity, she is a pastry chef at an Itallian restaurant and he is an executive for a fast food chain.

I'm so sorry Skr8pn :(

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Very interesting- I like the disposible hockey puck coffe grounds idea.

I don't collect compost in the winter for anything except my worm bin- and I was told that too much coffe wasn't good for the worms :p Especially as much as we produce. In the summer it goes on the roses, but in the winter we waste the grounds rather than dump them out on the snow in the general direction of the roses.