Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Starter went out on the 1962 Allis Chalmers D19 tractor today. I'm like I'll never find another one. So I took the starter off the motor and over to my neighbors. Within a hour we had it fixed and cleaned up on the inside. My neighbor said while we were repairing it. They really made these to last didn't they? All the was wrong with it was brass bushing in the cover wore out. My neighbor had a piece of round brass stock that fit, we drilled it out and reamed it to fit the shaft and greased it. While we had it apart we cleaned and lube everything. When we put it back together I said, it'll probably last another 59 years, he laughed and said 60 years. 😂

I have awesome neighbors, he wouldn't take a red cent from me. But instead said he enjoyed the company. I said thank you so much, he said no problem buddy, that's what neighbors' are for.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Is he being aggressive TO YOU? If so, I suggest that you introduce him to a 4' "switch" or fence post. At the first sign of aggressiveness, I will chase the "bad boy" with a fiberglass fence post. Smack it on the ground, tap his heiney feathers, and chase him around till he gets the message that I own his entire kingdom. As a matter of fact, he does not have a kingdom. It's ALL mine, including the girls. Where ever he happens to stand, I declare that spot to be mine. I don't let him eat until I decide he can. It only takes a few sessions to reset his behavior. Aggressive roosters either learn to give me space, or they are exiled from my domain.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have found leghorns to be one of the more aggressive breed roo...must not have all their lights on because they also repeat bad behavior! I've had them as guest of honor in some pots of chicken and dumplings!!!!! They are no more trouble then 😁

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm rich 😂 actually I would like to get rid of my over abundance of grass sage. I Just bush hogged at least a million dollars worth 😂 the strangest thing... all I could think about was baked turkey and cornbread stuffing the whole time. I'm sitting out back and can still smell the sage.

https://www.highcountrygardens.com/perennial-plants/salvia/salvia-reptans

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a LG sage bush, it blooms so nice every year-- but,,,
View attachment 16244
as I said to my son when he said, mom it looks good, well thank you, tell me, why does sage smell like heave BO:love
Kill it with fire 🔥 before it takes over 😂. Actually I have no idea how to get rid of it, so I'll just keep bush hogging it down to the ground. I can't believe they actually sell this plant at nurseries for $8.00 a plant. Like I said I must have bush hogged at least a million dollars worth at the price. That and sawtooth blackberries although not so many of them.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got a half inch of rain yesterday and just got a quick shower 80% rain today, we need it!
I don’t even have a rooster right now. I got tired of the silly @#>€£¥+?! trying to flog me.

Flies and gnats are horrible from all the never ending rain we had in the spring that finally ended. Then it got hot and dry. Grass needs the rain but I really hate to see a resurgence of the flies and gnats.

101 degrees inside the coop! Poor chickens will be precooked! You are a good chicken moms, keeping them cool!

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No

but he is really pushing he aggressive luck, I am sympathetic to the fact that his world has been rocked having new chicks ,a brooder, etc. and now the heat- I think he thinks I turned it up and made it hot hahahaha
Reminds me of my cat, how she used to when wanting to go outside and it's raining would look at me and meow. She seems to know now that I have no control over the rain.

Last edited: