Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It feels like a pancake morning - I am going to go take some blueberries out of the freezer
lemon-poppy-seed-blueberry-protein-pancakes-11.jpg

i made breakfast a few hours ago and forgot it was ready and sitting in the microwave. it was cold again when i just got it out so i heated it up again and now i'm good to go. :) some days i'm not really awake until much later even if my eyes are open it doesn't mean anyone is actually here. :)

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i made breakfast a few hours ago and forgot it was ready and sitting in the microwave. it was cold again when i just got it out so i heated it up again and now i'm good to go. :) some days i'm not really awake until much later even if my eyes are open it doesn't mean anyone is actually here. :)
Words of great wisdom 🤣🤣 sometimes no one is home up here too.

I should probably have breakfast too. The kids are mad that I haven’t. Maybe some granola.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A fresh pot of decaf is ready, Hot cakes are up
IMG_20211219_090502_HDR.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Trying to finish up dehydrating the last of the apples. Once the wife gets up, will finish making the list of prep work needed for our trip. I don't like the inevitable last minute scramble to pack and then spending the first 4 hours of traveling fretting if something was forgotten. :D
Dehydrator almost loaded up

Glad we got the lists done. Teamwork and communication ❤

Now to execute

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Leaving Wednesday morning after my morning work meeting is done. This trip we're planning on a leisurely drive.
Sounds like fun! I'm guilty of not doing "leisurely" drives, lol. DH is good at trying to teach me! I know the "drive until you get there" gene is from my dad. Thanks dad...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like fun! I'm guilty of not doing "leisurely" drives, lol. DH is good at trying to teach me! I know the "drive until you get there" gene is from my dad. Thanks dad...:rolleyes:
We stop every 1/4 of a tank to stretch and use the restroom. Makes trips better and if you are spending months transient on the road it makes life much nicer 😃.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finally our black angus steers have investigated their double stalls. Found the range feed block and drank some water out of the 150 gallon tub. How do I know? There's only one animal I know of, that leaves behind bovine droppings in their wake 😂

Their pasture is still green and very slowly growing. That's where they want to be, grazing the pasture. Can't say I blame them, that's where I would want to be if I were a beef steer.

IMG_20211219_142206754.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️ 🇺🇸