Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pasture getting closer to hooves. I hung the first 16 foot gate 👍 the posts are set tight up on the hill. But the posts need more time to set up at the bottom of the hill.

IMG_20220414_165234808.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
To those of you who celebrate, may you find peace today on Good Friday. One our favorite services here at our house!
I love Good Friday! Because yes, Christ dies... but we know that the Resurrection is coming.

It is always moving, to have the service where he is taken down from the cross, and then we carry him to the tomb, and have the lamentations, which is a burial service. It is divided into three services. Morning, at 3, and then the evening service.

But we are a week behind you this year.

So, my Good Friday is next week... this weekend is Lazarus Saturday and Palm Sunday.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice pasture @CrealCritter !!!!!

I'll have my work cut out for me on the new place. There'll be lots of fencing to be done. It's fenced for cattle, old barbed wire and the fence rows are all grown up. It's a mess. I look with deep admiration on your new pasture, it's a thing of beauty!
My neighbor Gary said it's a cow haven. 🙂

I just need a lock for the gate and 3 keys made to give the neighbors (kids will be kids) and it's ready for hooves. I finished the creek and cleaning up, this afternoon. I'm Very Thankful this pasture is ready for hooves \o/
Screenshot_20220415-145054~2.png

Screenshot_20220415-145045~2.png

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finally! Finally!

:weee 🥳

The first bird of spring!!! I HEARD IT!!! :weee

Sure, there are feet of snow still.. and the path is icy... but I heard it! (varied Thrush)
Spring Fiesta💃🌷🎉🍷⛱️🌻🏄‍♀️🍨🍺🐝🍖💃

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good morning, or good mourning to my fellow Easter celebrators, how are y’all?
So, last week we lost a goat and have been fighting for the rest. Nasty nasty worms. Today I have a garden to expand and a mini porch green house/sprouting house to build. I got new chicks at the store yesterday. They had all the breeds I wanted at about half the price of what I was looking at. So, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity and snatched them up. Most of them were pullets instead of straight run too! I only got two straight run silver laced Wyandotte’s, and I’m pretty sure one is a roo. Which is fine because my boys are getting old and I need new blood, assuming he survives and behaves once older. Have a bunch of chickens and a few ducks brooding, and I believe one or two should be close to hatching, Easter babies would be awesome!
Tomorrow I’ll have to take the fence down and let the goats out of their dry lot. Which means to move the fence panels they’re in back to the fence that they like to break. Don’t exactly like working on Sunday but don’t have much of a choice. I’ll just have to do it after church.
Anyways, I hope y’all are doing well. And happy Easter!

Latest posts