12-Stovetop-Percolators_April_1619-1.jpg

Bring your cup of coffee and relax
Just chat about everyday life

IMG_1203.JPG

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thursday I got a deal on 26 T-posts, still with insulators for hot wire on them, 8 treated wood posts and a 16’ wire filled gate. All for $200! New price is $605, so I did pretty good.

Yesterday I learned how to hitch the stock trailer all by myself. It took me 45 minutes. Then I learned how to back the trailer to the loading chute. That only took me 15 minutes! LOL. Then loaded 4 sheep, parked truck and trailer. Fed and watered sheep and will head out to auction shortly.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Got my shoulder cortisone shot this morning. Left a little early with the wife and had a nice breakfast in a little local place before my appointment.

Explanation of the process took longer than the procedure. Amazing what modern medicine is capable of.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a buyer for the farm. I’m so excited! It is a family who wants to be more self sufficient as possible. They fell in love with the farm, and want to raise their own food. I’m so happy to see all the love and work we put into the farm being continued. I’m happier over that than I am on selling the farm. I gave her links to BYH, TEG and SS. She already joined BYH and will be joining the other sites as time allows.

My daughter is helping with contracts and paperwork. Inspector is coming Monday. Like @Grandmasporch i gotta get packing! I’ll be at the house in Groveton between Christmas and New Year getting more work done on it. I’m thinking rent a uhaul and getting as much out of the house as possible, leaving maybe my bed, refrigerator and TV. Then I can redo the floors and the other things that need doing.

Got my granddaughters for the week so won’t be doing much else but it’s all good.

Y’all have a great day!

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yep, I do add to supplies, watching for any sales, of course. Even if some on hand!

Prices are bad and getting worse. So things I use aren't being empty shelves at MY house. Now I'm not buying to point of leaving none for others. But, I'm buying. Wish I'd see the jars on sale here like that....I'd buy a few cases, not a pallet! 😁. But I've added to my jar count every year for quite a while, save a 5 year hiatus from any canning a while back. Stored jars though. Bought about 4 dz last yr. Yeah, I'd buy 4-6 dz of those sale ones!! Sometimes yard sales are places to get a few.

A few spices that I use frequently will come from plants this year. And I'm adding a garlic patch to my yard!
I need places to store stock up in my house! The nooks and crannies are full, but honestly there’s not that many. I miss grandma’s basement and wish I had one!
Some have thought of my family as strange or excessive, sometimes greedy. we don’t buy stores out or anything like that, but we do stock when there are good deals and have tried to for years. it’s kind of nice to be around people who don’t think you’re strange for having canned food in your linen closet lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been putting 2x2 fence over the pole gates...to keep goat kids in! Moved all goats into another pasture while I did this so there wasn't so much help. I've got 4 more I want to do but won't be today! 🙄😂. Of course, the fence I'm using had to be removed from elsewhere first...the repurpose thing 🙃 ... So a little extra work but no $ to spend.

Windy out. I'm over the winds!!! Seems almost 2 wks of it and it just gets in the way of whatever you're doing, or trying to hold onto. So, I decided it was time for some tea. Then Ill put out some grain and open the gate where they'll be standing as they hear it hit the trough! :lol: open and stand back!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Took a day off from work today. We are going to go visit my college pal and his wife who live a few hours away.

Part of my personal resolution to visit distant friends more often
What a great afternoon/evening. Tried a new BBQ place in an old train depot near them. Food was outstanding, the wife insisted we get more to bring home