12-Stovetop-Percolators_April_1619-1.jpg

Bring your cup of coffee and relax
Just chat about everyday life

IMG_1203.JPG

Last edited:

Messybun

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good morning all! Thanks for the fellowship.

If y’all wouldn’t mind saying a prayer today. I believe God put me in my job for my boss, my boss isn’t a believer and she is struggling right now. I absolutely believe God has His hand on my being there so please pray that as I do my job I’m a good witness, but more importantly that her heart is receptive, and just for God’s timing in all of it. Thanks y’all.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would like you to meet our miracle. Her name is Laura, she's my grand daughter. Laura is 14 years old. Keep reading to understand why I call her our miracle.
IMG_20210625_210001010~3.jpg

My daughter wed a US Marine. I love my son in law, he is truly a man of honor. But being a US Marine means the Corp comes first. He deployed to Afghanistan and my daughter came to live with us while he deployed. My daughter was pregnant with Laura.

It wasn't long afterward maybe 4 weeks my daughter woke me up in the middle of the night saying daddy will you please drive me to the hospital? I said sure hunny, I got dressed quickly and we were out the door on the way to the hospital.

She didn't know what was wrong but she was in a lot of pain. I got her to the emergency room as quick as I could, only to find out she was in labor. The hospital did all they could to stop the labor but couldn't stop it. They told me she was getting a quick ride to Duke Hospital in North Carolina. They put my daughter in a ambulance and I got in my truck followed the ambulance with state police infront of the ambulance and behind me. We got to Duke and everything just happened so fast...

I recall the exact words of the doctor at Duke. He said to my daughter "Do you want us to do everything we possibly can to save your babies life?" My daughter said Yes everything. The doctor the said OK we will do everything possible. Then they quickly pushed my daughter on a gurney out of the room. Then a nurse came in the room after it seemed like just a few mins later to me and said my daughter gave birth to 1lb 5oz baby girl. I still remember being stunned, it's a feeling I've never had before and I'll never forget. I said 1lb 5oz? She said Yes.

Here are the pictures from 14 years ago. Laura lost 6oz and weighed 15oz, two days after birth. My daughter was 24 weeks pregnant when she gave birth to laura

That's my daughter's hand.
Screenshot_20210625-205617~2.png

This is also my daughter wedding ring on Laura's arm.
Screenshot_20210625-205625~2.png

I remember being at the hospital when laura first opened her eyes, I'll never forget that moment either. Is she a miracle? Absolutely she is!

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I dug out something I bought last year and never got around to using until now--- one of those little hoses with the mist sprayers that you attach to a canopy. Set it up for the chickens. They appeared to enjoy it. It doesn't spray so much water that they feel wet, but it cools the air around it as much as 20 degrees. Plus as time went on, the ground got just wet enough to make it fun to scratch in. Today I think I'll be doing it again, plus I'll put up a cabbage "tether ball" for them to peck at.

farmerjan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cougars present a unique threat due to their penchance to drop down on to their prey. Not a horse or equine or any bovine or anything, that will naturally go after a cougar in most cases. But I have heard of a few MULES big ones, that have taken on a cougar .... not near rock or trees where they would have an advantage. And most dogs have a healthy respect/fear of them too.... moreso than even a bear.... I have personally seen a donkey tear a coyote to pieces...stomp and shake it up and kill it.... our donkeys would go after dogs in a heartbeat.

Messybun

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just love it when the Holy Spirit ties us together, Bless Be the Tie that Binds

I love to read this in a slow, conversation like way, as though he is talking right to me
We have one Spirit and one God right.
Amen to that, He is talking to you. I think of it like this, God is not bound by time (God is not bound by His own creation) and so when you read words penned thousands of years ago the same God who inspired them then is the same God who wakes them up to you now.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have one Spirit and one God right.
Amen to that, He is talking to you. I think of it like this, God is not bound by time (God is not bound by His own creation) and so when you read words penned thousands of years ago the same God who inspired them then is the same God who wakes them up to you now.
Can you just imagine what eternity will be like, when we are not encumbered by time or location. No physical limitations! I can't wait to meet some of the wonderful sisters (and brother) that I know through this and one other forum.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I raise my arms in praise to my Abba, Father God, Jesus Christ Savior, and Holy Spirit, Comforter and guide. One and only God, in 3 persons, eternal, ever loving, full of grace and mercy, yet the God of justice, who will not allow sinful man to mock him. In the end, every knee will bow to Him. What an absolute blessing it is to come on this secular thread, and commune with sisters and brothers.

Creal, my heart cries for the evil that is being done on every continent during this time. Thank you for the reminder that "We the People of the USA" are not the only ones suffering. The atrocities are world wide. We continue to sit in the lap of luxury. But the emotional distress as we see our freedoms stripped away, and as we witness reports of hundreds of thousands of people being harmed by the jab can bring us to a state of deep depression if we don't keep our eyes on our Savior. I find myself wondering how many of my family will survive this holocaust by needle.

MB, thank you for sharing your prayer need. I will pray for you, and for your boss and other co workers. May the Holy Spirit work in her life to convict her of her deep need. Every heart has a hole that only Jesus can fill. May her life struggles bring her to the realization that she CAN'T fill that hole with anything other than Jesus. I want to share one of my past work struggles with you. Many years ago, when my children were young, I worked part time at the hospital. The charge nurse had young children of her own. She was brutal towards me. She knew I was a believer. Not a single shift went by without her attacking me, calling me a weak person, a slacker, and lots of other jabs because I refused to work full time. When I quit that job to go work in the school system so I could be MORE available to my children, she confessed to me, "I've always been envious of you because you have chosen a life style that meets your family's needs." So, I urge you.... continue to live your life for Jesus. In so doing, you are sowing seeds. You may NEVER see the harvest. BUT, know this: your boss is not the only one who is watching your walk.

Grandma, Thank you for sharing that scripture. One of my favorite passages: John 1: 1-12. I love how that passage meshes so very well with the creation account. In these first 3 verses of Genesis, we have the trinity:

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Father God)

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (Holy Spirit)

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (the Word: Jesus)

The WORD was spoken, and all of creation came into existence.

Latest posts