Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Around here coyotes are totally free to kill, year round no limit. Technically the state wants you to have a license, but every sheriff, officer, and otherwise has made it very clear they will assume you have a license for coyotes if they see you with some dead ones.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just saw a video clip on news in Los Angeles where a coyote attacked a 2 yr old!! Broad daylight, in driveway of a housing area! It grabbed her butt and tried to pull her off...mouth full of diaper and dad right there, grabbed her. :oops:
i saw this too! we have them around here, we can hear them at night, never seen one though

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good morning-- Sorry I have been MIA,,, power has been on and off, Off Sunday 5:05pm and back on Wednesday, and off at 2:30am Saturday and back on almost 4:30ish
I have been dealing with snow--

This was me all day yesterday, I did get some turkey bone broth going.
image_16811777.JPG

I left the flock in the coop Wednesday and all day Thursday.
image_16872193 (1).JPG
I went out on Wednesday and pulled with a hoe all the snow of the wire on the top of the run. Just about killed me, I have about of bronchitis, joy,, but I did it, I got it off. I had to open up a few of the seams and pull it through that way. So due to the top being open I didnt let the flock out.
Thursday we put hard wire cloth up so the flock can come out of the coop but only into the overhand/ roof covered area off the coop. Worked out great!
And we all know it snowed more Friday night, BUT, the KOMO weather guy said it may rain hahahahaha if it doesn't rain by Tues. I 'll go out and remove Fridays snow. over all we got 18inches,, I really think thats enough for the season it can stop now. 😒 Everything is fine and easily repairable. DH now understand my prior request for more support for the HW cloth.

image_67238913.JPG

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Grandmas Porch 18" of SNOW? Looks chilly willy there. Won't be on the porch much will yin's?

@baymule is sending us some love from Texas most of next week ❤️
Screenshot_20221204-132423.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited: