Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would need a change of pants after that, just sayin'

it was too fast for even that!

down the road from where we used to live there was the train tracks and then a hill downwards after that so you could not see what was coming up until you were over the top of the hill and heading down.

that day i was doing the usual and came over the top of the hill and all along the sides of the road were a bunch of cars and trucks parked so i had to slow down anyways and i was standing on my brakes when i saw a lot of people around so i didn't want to hit anyone who might have come out from in between the cars or trucks. had i not been standing on the brakes already i'd have hit it as it dodged out from in between the vehicles and ran across the road right in front of me... yes, it would have been a big mess as i had nowhere to go to avoid it with all those vehicles lined up like they were. they didn't think to have anyone flagging people down at either end to give a warning.

similar to @CrealCritter 's story, some cows got out of their field and people were there to help round them up.

once again i credited my many hours of playing pinball at the arcade for having good and fast enough reactions to avoid that accident.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Reina went to the vet today. ...

this is why you don't want some numbskull like me having anything to do with a horse. y'all knew what to do and where to go to get it done if you couldn't do it yourself. :) me, i'd not even know what was going on at all just looking, i'd think a horse dropping things from their mouth was normal and not know a hint about the teeth being uneven (until now which is why i read along in some threads anways just in case i can learn something :) )...

kudoes to you and those vet people who looked like they knew what they were doing too. :)

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
all done with this, I didn't make kombucha , I'll do it tomorrow
image_67154177.JPG

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Reina is a good looking horse. How could such a an animal like that be in a kill pen is beyond me. She's out now and getting what she needs, love.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Some very nice horses go to slaughter. Unwanted horses go to auction, nobody bids on them and kill buyers buy them. Sometimes the better ones are given a chance, but that is extra work to take pictures, maybe a video, post online, it all takes time. Most kill pens just ship them.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Slept like a rock last night and the night before. Been sleeping like a rock lately, I like it 😁

Hebrews Chapter 4

I enjoyed my day, did my imperfect best. Where did the day go? It's dark again already. Wasn't it just dark like a few hours ago? Seems like it was to me. Where do the days go these days?

That is all for now.

Enjoy your evening.

P.S.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So true!! I looked at "kill pens" in VA. The ones listing think they have gold in them thru hooves. 😟...prices I'd only want to consider for a well trained, very healthy, in excellent condition horse! Haven't gone through all seller sites but, several. Prices were huge turn off....$3-6k.:oops:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some very nice horses go to slaughter. Unwanted horses go to auction, nobody bids on them and kill buyers buy them. Sometimes the better ones are given a chance, but that is extra work to take pictures, maybe a video, post online, it all takes time. Most kill pens just ship them.
Thank you for your response.

See and hear my P.S. in my message above.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just checked the new weather app. It's saying we've gotten 2.41 inches of rain so far this evening and I heard some claps of thunder. I'm glad it's rain and not snow. Radar looks like one of comma storm systems with a mix/snow line north of us. @FarmerJamie