Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's dark again already, which means night is here, marking the close of another day. Like the snap of a finger, day has come and gone
On the bright side, in 2 weeks it will be daylight just a little, tiny bit longer.
Thank you! and yes this is the worst part for us too, getting her to take the meds. Her cough makes her so tired that she crashes at night and with no coughing overnight she at least gets some rest.
:hugs

It's going to be a wonderful 45 today with a start of 32 tomorrow, then 28, 25, 20 Thur morning 8 in the afternoon, 0, then back up to 6 Sat morn. That's Tulsa may be a little cooler here. Soooo it could be -temps Fri yay. Time to start adding a little extra grain/protein to the critters.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're all having our "own" winter temps and to be quit frank, I don't like mine :oops: :tongue. BUT they are so much better than some of y'all, well -- I wouldn't trade and shouldn't complain! :hide

Funny to see the acclimation tho....my cold 35 is shirt sleeve weather for others. :idunnoim just gonna snuggle by this heater!! 😁

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hubs asked me last night if he needed to run an extension cord (2) down to the coop. Cus the nights have been 24 - 28 degrees F. I looked it up and said I didn't think so. There is twelve of the bodies in a large space with roosting poles with mortar tubs underneath. If they got that cold, I would hope they would all jump down onto the chip covered floor to huddle under the shelving that holds their poop boxes.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20221218-132524~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cold here today although a little more sun out there. 31 up to only 36... little breeze but at least a little more sun. NOT looking forward to the Christmas weekend with single digits and highs in the 20's. Just hope that if we get the precip they are calling for Thurs-Fri that it is all snow and not cold freezing rain or mix. The cattle can take just snow better than that soaking in bone chilling cold rain crap.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Me too @Mini Horses ! I suit up like it’s sub zero weather to go outside. I’m acclimated to HOT weather (plus an air conditioner) . I’m glad we don’t get long cold winters!
50+ years and I am still not acclimated to this weather. Wore my insulated hiking boots, insulated Carhart coveralls, heavy work gloves, knit cap yesterday in the 30 degree weather and was cold after 30 minutes. Ugh

Latest posts