Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was fortunate to have the funds to buy and store: laundry detergent, coffee both beans and ground, tea bags, tissues and tp. I also go to lots of estate sales and buy this kind of stuff.

As to the coffee: we are not fussy. As long as its black and hot and strong, I'm good. Hubs puts a bit of coffee in his creamer, so he's clearly not fussy.
yes, same here, I have found the 3lb costco can is the best price,

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Only get stuff at Costco when it goes on sale. Laundry stuff is around 3 times a year, it just rotates on what's on sale. I'll store a new container of soap if I'm within a month of needing it and it's on sale.

The Kirkland detergent doesn't work quite as well as the Tide for the stains hubby gets at work, but it's not bad. We do use it occasionally. I get the liquid only because it works better in our washer. We do have curbside recycling, even out in our rural location, except for glass which needs brought in yourself.

I have to use clorox 2 with shirts and jeans or they all get rust stains. It doesn't take much to prevent it and doesn't have to go in with every load. I usually do every other. Plus we try to have darker clothes that don't show the rust as easily. Jeans will look dirty with the rust stains. The fun of high iron water.
DH is allergic to many laundry sopes and the #1 rash maker is Tide

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok Tea time is just about over , making a meatloaf for dinner,

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH is allergic to many laundry sopes and the #1 rash maker is Tide

I can believe it. Chemical sensitivity sucks. Stay away from what causes issues.

Tide is one of the very few I don't have issues with so I tend to go back to it. I have to be careful trying new ones. It might be because I grew up with Mom using Tide. One of my brothers had issues as a baby that he outgrew but she had to shell out for Ivory Snow to wash his clothes for a while.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I precooked, slightly steel cut oats to go in the meat loaf,
all ready for the oven, time to walk down to get the mail,

image_16885249.JPG

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I can believe it. Chemical sensitivity sucks. Stay away from what causes issues.

Tide is one of the very few I don't have issues with so I tend to go back to it. I have to be careful trying new ones. It might be because I grew up with Mom using Tide. One of my brothers had issues as a baby that he outgrew but she had to shell out for Ivory Snow to wash his clothes for a while.
Sulfur compounds give the wife bad reactions. A few years ago something changed (she found some anecdotal info that big companies changed their sourcing of sulfur products). Laundry products, soaps, and shampoos.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am going to make coffee,, I might as well use up what I have open right???
See ya at 3 a.m.! :gig
I'll see you both at 3:30-3:45AM.
My FH and I use Arm & Hammer laundry soap with OxiClean in it seeing how he's allergic to Tide and I'm allergic to Ivory but we use Snuggle or Gain liquid fabric softener. Sometimes we do get the Gain laundry detergent if it's on sale but we get the bigger bottles/jugs of them both so they'll last longer seeing how with his work he gets stains on his clothes A LOT. I try to do laundry only once/week but sometimes it doesn't happen like that and when I wash our dogs blankets which is once a week I have to wash them in either Tide free & Clear or Dawn dish soap and I can't use liquid fabric softener or dryer sheets seeing how 2 of our dogs get allergic reactions to the chemicals.
We buy the mega big packs of both toilet paper and paper towels from Sams club once every 2-3 months but we have Bj's is cheaper on their products and we just had a new one open that's not far from where he works that we're going to check out here soon plus right now they have a special going on their membership.

Latest posts