Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know we all are trying to eat right and all but there are some days when I just need something,,,,,,,,, SO I dug this up from Oct. 2021,,,, I truly dont make this stuff often,,, but today,,,, I AM!

Donut-Cake-18-768x1152.jpg Donut-Cake-11-768x1152.jpg

Equipment​

• Bundt pan

Ingredients​

For the donut cake​

• ▢1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • ▢1 cup butter; salted
  • ▢4 large whole eggs; at room temperature
  • ▢2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • ▢3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • ▢2 tsp. baking powder
  • ▢3/4 tsp. baking soda
  • ▢1 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • ▢1 cup whole buttermilk

For the glaze​

• ▢2 cups powdered sugar
  • ▢3-4 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream

Instructions​

• Preheat the oven to 350 deggress F. With a stand or hand mixer, beat sugar and butter on medium-high speed until combined and fluffy- about 3 minutes. Be sure to stop in between to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
  • Add eggs in one at a time, stiring in between each egg. Add in vanilla extract and beat until combined.
  • In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg. Gradually add 1/2 cup of flour mixture at a time to the butter mixture alternating with 1/4 cup of buttermilk at a time. Beat together on low speed until each increment is combined.
  • Grease a bundt pan liberally with butter or nonstick baking spray. Spoon the cake batter into prepared bundt pan and be sure to firmly tap the bundt pan on the counter 4-6 times to release any air bubbles.
  • Bake the cake for 50-55 minutes depending on your oven. To check to see if the cake is fully cooked, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is fully cooked. Let the cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
  • While the cake is still cooling, carefully and gently invert cake out of pan on a serving platter. Sine the cake is still warm, some of the icing will absorb into the cake.
  • Line foil pieces around the cake by gently lifing the outter perimeter of the bundt cake to insert foil underneath- the foil only needs to be touching the edge. I use about four 5-6 inch pieces of foil to go around the whole cake. This will catch any excess glaze that drips off the cake.
  • Whisk together powdered sugar and heavy cream until smooth. Add more powdered sugar if the glaze is too watery. Drizzle the glaze over the cake and let sit to set for 15-20 minutes. Remove the foil and enjo

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

✌️
Love is but a song to sing
Fear's the way we die
You can make the mountains ring
Or make the angels cry
Though the bird is on the wing
And you may not know why

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Some may come and some may go
We shall surely pass
When the one that left us here
Returns for us at last
We are but a moment's sunlight
Fading in the grass

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

If you hear the song I sing
You will understand (listen!)
You hold the key to love and fear
All in your trembling hand
Just one key unlocks them both
It's there at your command

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

I said, come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Right now
Right now

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That cake would be SO good with my coffee right now!

Forgot to close chicken run last night. Hoping all ok. Maybe. Probably. Hopefully. Life happens. Was busy with being sure the 6 new kids were all nursing, both does ok, things cleaned up.

It was a 7 egg & 6 kid day here. 😁 :hu busy after I worked until mid afternoon.

:caf right now...chores in a few.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That cake would be SO good with my coffee right now!

Forgot to close chicken run last night. Hoping all ok. Maybe. Probably. Hopefully. Life happens. Was busy with being sure the 6 new kids were all nursing, both does ok, things cleaned up.

It was a 7 egg & 6 kid day here. 😁 :hu busy after I worked until mid afternoon.

:caf right now...chores in a few.

Oh wow busy busy!!!

Yes,,, very good with coffee, and add a bit of pumpkin spice to the mix,,, yumness

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Brisk 20 degrees, partly sunny and little wind kind of day. I enjoy sunshine🌞. Forecast calling for warmer day time temperatures starting this weekend. But it's Wacky Wednesday so who knows but Almighty 👆.

Truthful words of Faith, Love and Hope.
1 Thessalonians 5:2-9

Try and enjoy your day today. As @Grandmas Porch reminded us in her lyrics posting above.

"Some may come and some may go
We shall surely pass
When the one that left us here
Returns for us at last
We are but a moment's sunlight
Fading in the grass"

So try your imperfect best to make the most of your moment of sunlight in earth.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I bundled up DS7 and sent him to the bus stop (1/4 mile away) at ... -21 degrees F. thick hat, hood face mask wool gaiter, scarf, extra sweatshirt, coat, bib snowpants, 2 pairs of gloves... uff. I was glad to stay inside. Unbelievable that DS7 doesn't complain about going out to the bus.
Yikes!! When my kids were school aged, our district closed if it was below 0.
Bless his heart ♡

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It’s 33F and pouring rain again. It’s coming down in buckets. If I was in Lindale, I’d be snowed in. I’m just on the edge of the rain or snow line. Crockett, 20 miles away, has snow. The sheep pens are awful. Pastures are in standing water, well, right now, running water.

I have my last day of therapy this morning. I don’t know if I can even get out. Water runs over the road just past my driveway. I’ve driven through it before. The school bus runs at 7:00, it’s still dark. I don’t envy that bus driver, traveling all these country backroads in bad weather, in the dark. At least I’ll be able to see, if I can’t see the bottom, I’m going back home.

It is storming and it’s going to do it again tomorrow. Then finally we will get some sunny days and cloudy days but no rain.

Talked to @Devonviolet yesterday. Tree limbs were breaking off from the ice load. They are only 163 miles north of me. A big branch fell on their goat shed. I hope they keep power.

I am so ready for a real barn for my animals. I’ll have to haul in dirt to build it up before I build the barn so it doesn’t become a swamp.

Whole farm is a swamp.

My friend Chris came over yesterday with his 4WD truck and pulled my trailer out where I can hook onto it.

As I was feeding yesterday evening, my boot got stuck in the muck just as I was navigating a turn, and down I went in the liquid poop and mud. Fortunately I landed on my butt. If I had of done a face plant, my screaming curses would have peeled bark off trees for a mile away. Dogs thought I wanted to play. By the time I rolled around to get up, I was fully saturated. Finished chores, stripped in utility room, put clothes in washer and headed for a shower.

More rain storms tomorrow then 6 days of no rain.
Oh, yuck. Have a better day ♡