Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Although it's TRUE, there are many ways to die. I refuse to let a piece of cake kill me 😂

haha! i'm in it for the long haul now, 10,000 more pieces to go, but they are getting smaller. :) it may eventually get to the point where crumb cake is also another description after the other use...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
haha! i'm in it for the long haul now, 10,000 more pieces to go, but they are getting smaller. :) it may eventually get to the point where crumb cake is also another description after the other use...
I promised my granddaughters that I would kick the sweets and I did. They took it upon themselves to became the sweet police 👮‍♀️ The sweet police get their reports from grandma, if pawpaw has eaten any sweets or not. All three of them are too cute 🥰

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL! Happy Thoughtfulness THURSDAY!!!!!
It's 32 here with tiny flakes of SNOW!
Coffee is ready and it's hot but only got 1/2 pot remaining, been up since 2:30 thought my next to youngest pup (he'll be 2 in March) needed to go out but nope he was whining seeing how he wanted on the bed and once he was able to find a spot to get up on it he settled right back down went back to sleep.
Glad to hear everyone came through their ice storm good and with hopefully minimal damage to their property.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On second cup of coffee. Pouring rain. Not a dry spot on the farm. The shelters I have for the sheep are wet inside. The ground is saturated, everything is wet and muddy. It’s been awful for the animals. I feel bad for them. The shelters I have have been adequate, until now. Who could’ve predicted Noah’s Flood? It’s been raining fro 2 weeks.

My road yesterday. Road was flooded in 5 places, I’m 1 7/10ths of a mile from the pavement.

C6881A54-6354-45A8-9C31-4AC8B91AA55F.jpeg

Ewe and lamb pen yesterday. It will be worse today. This is the one I fell down in and wallowed about. Poop soup.

6F8B1677-6A58-42E8-A697-011EDB15CFE0.jpeg

This is my front yard where Cooper and 8 ewes are. Their shelter is wet inside too.

F726AA80-F743-4BC2-8949-163ACF7CA11C.jpeg

Not a dry spot on the farm. I’m outside multiple times a day, tending to the animals. Reina gets eye drops 6 times a day, she goes back to the vet Saturday. A friend with 4 wheel drive came and pulled my trailer out so I can take her. It’s been raining for 2 weeks.

This is a cow panel hoop shelter. It works well, unless the entire farm is saturated, standing(running) water. It’s deep bedded, as all the shelters are, but is still wet.

3107306D-A4F2-4E64-A6D7-9B575AC62A8F.jpeg

One more day. Just one more day. Rain will clear out this evening followed by 4 days of sunshine. Just gotta make it through today. As bad as these pictures look from yesterday, this morning it will look worse.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
On second cup of coffee. Pouring rain. Not a dry spot on the farm. The shelters I have for the sheep are wet inside. The ground is saturated, everything is wet and muddy. It’s been awful for the animals. I feel bad for them. The shelters I have have been adequate, until now. Who could’ve predicted Noah’s Flood? It’s been raining fro 2 weeks.

My road yesterday. Road was flooded in 5 places, I’m 1 7/10ths of a mile from the pavement.

View attachment 22520

Ewe and lamb pen yesterday. It will be worse today. This is the one I fell down in and wallowed about. Poop soup.

View attachment 22521

This is my front yard where Cooper and 8 ewes are. Their shelter is wet inside too.

View attachment 22522

Not a dry spot on the farm. I’m outside multiple times a day, tending to the animals. Reina gets eye drops 6 times a day, she goes back to the vet Saturday. A friend with 4 wheel drive came and pulled my trailer out so I can take her. It’s been raining for 2 weeks.

This is a cow panel hoop shelter. It works well, unless the entire farm is saturated, standing(running) water. It’s deep bedded, as all the shelters are, but is still wet.

View attachment 22523

One more day. Just one more day. Rain will clear out this evening followed by 4 days of sunshine. Just gotta make it through today. As bad as these pictures look from yesterday, this morning it will look worse.
Wow. That's rough! Hang in there, one more day until it can dry out

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Geesh, that's bad! @baymule . Guess you may need to add ditches to your pastures. Concentrate the "extra". I suppose your ponds are full :hide

Our rains are off & on...it's wet. The air is wet but, not what you have! Some puddles here and there. Difference in soil. Farmers are NOT in fields as several inches of softness sucks in equipment! But here it walk and hear squish.

Make it thru today!! :hugs

Last edited: