Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I read some articles on NYT today about parents trying to get teens to eat more fruit and veg. (comments were more interesting than the articles, tbh) Then took my kids grocery shopping. DS7 and DS15 begged for brussel sprouts. Begged. 😵‍💫 okayden. I put a 1# bag in the cart and they insisted we needed more. :gig
My mother would have died if I said something like any veggie to get for me,lol She made my other sibblings eat them but not me. I guess she spoiled me and let me do whatever I wanted,lol

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farm Babe ain't home, but this is on the table. I'm wondering if this means one or both trays are made with monk fruit blend, thus being sugar free, for me to enjoy? 🤔 I probably should wait and see.

Before you ask... No I didn't, eat the one that's missing, either.

Looks like some baked chocolate nut creation or something 🤔
View attachment 22831

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
That looks like a perfectly missing treat for sure. Left on table for showing her capabilities. However, FB will investigate so you better come clean. Babes are like magical genies that know everything and when they do not, they can very easily find out. :lol:

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Happy Belated Birthday, @Dreamz 🥳🥳🥳
Thank you so much Sam!

On Saturday ~ my dad joined my mom in heaven. He was 91 years old, and just missed my mom so much. She left us in July. They were the best parents on earth.
I am so sorry to hear this Sam. And what a great way to state your love for your parents. I cannot tell you what it feels like because I never been in that situation. However, my prayers go out to heaven for you and your family for strength in the middle of this hard storm and for you to know that no matter how difficulkt the storm is, there will be a quiet time soon. You are not alone and never will be. We have a compassionate Father in heaven that comfort us in many ways.

I have no clue about my parents. My father was 17 and his parents refuse to take any responsibility nor allowed him to take any part in my life. My mother, 16, gave me away for adoption. So my grandmother and my Great grandfather adopted me ( I know is weird but I will have to draw it for it to make sese). I met my mother for a few years and learned about 3 sisters and one brother. But they suffered a lot. Baby sister was killed in NYC by his modeling agent. My sister before her has disappeared and last I heard was that she was in Fed prison for big stuff. All that is left is the one after me and my brother who found them on 2019 are in Tampa Florida. She said that last she heard from my birth mother is that she was in a psychiatric hospital in NY. My grandmother and great grandfater passed and I was in teh Army and nobody told me anything until a few years later. So I cannot say that I have ever had to mourn the loss of a parent. I do mourn every day for the loss of my children not to death but to disappearing from me. Since 2020, I decided to mourn no more and just live the best I can. 2021 my second son has come near but not much. Visited on Christmas because I sent them the trip money and was able to spend some time with grandchildren. Summer of 2021 I tried going to Indiana and I had more heart aches that I wanted and barely was able to get with the kids. They are so away from me that there is nothing I can do. Yesterday DIL send a text about my Bday and we talked about how could it was, so I know that there is no inheritance for anyone of my family.
I should write a classified : In search of someone who wants to inherit 1.5 acre of sustainable land in Michigan, lol This is the best joke I have just made up,lol

On my third cup of coffee and thinking that I need to shovel snow to get the the ducks and bring them clean fresh water. Yesterday I just refilled and it was not too clear. Chickens is not that bad since they are right next to my kitchen. Maybe 2 more cups of coffee will give me the hump for that.

@Country homesteader I would love some spagetti but have had pasta all week but thank you.

@baymule It is hard to be the one left standing but you got this. You are strong and you will leave a legacy for you grandbabies!

Got some chicken out. I think I want home fried chicken instead of that chicken covered in flour or stuff,lol I love the skin crunchy with nothing on it. I season with adobo Goya and that is all. I am not sure if I should bake a potatoe or "tostones de panapen" {breadfruit fritters}. I might just do the fritters since I fell like greasy frying taste,lol

Still no wi-fi here.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You're a strong capable and loving woman. Way to go, dear lady!!!!:love
Thank you. You are too sweet and very funny. I can barely feel my legs but yes I managed to use it. Not as he does but it was not impossible. Loving woman? not good enough I think. But I tried and did not meassured to their expectations. However, I do have a forever love that does not care if I meassure up or not and that is enough for me. That I wish I have had like many others yes. But I am very content with who I am and how I treat people. But if the rub my big belly the wrong way:

SouthsideChristian.jpg

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, time for me to get off the computer and turn some good music on. I love Evan Craft from Amzon Music. It gives me music from Alex Zurdo, Alex Campos, and many other Spanish Christian Singers from regular worship music to salsa, bachata, raeggeton and rap,lol Yeap I am in between,lol Later on I will mix in some Toby Mac, For King and Country, Big Daddy W and others. And I have over 120 eggs on teh counter. I should have eggs for late breakfast,lol

Catch up later lovelies!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pretty sure children we're here. They even peeled the onions and put the skins in the wheelbarrow. They must be itching to get in the garden. 😂
IMG_20230223_141638244.jpg

Looking for a name for the cattle herd.
Beefin' beasties
Cattle crew
????

Reply with a good name

Jesus is Lord.and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Pretty sure children we're here. They even peeled the onions and put the skins in the wheelbarrow. They must be itching to get in the garden. 😂
View attachment 22835

Looking for a name for the cattle herd.
Beefin' beasties
Cattle crew
????

Reply with a good name

Jesus is Lord.and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Critter's creatures

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank you. You are too sweet and very funny. I can barely feel my legs but yes I managed to use it. Not as he does but it was not impossible. Loving woman? not good enough I think. But I tried and did not meassured to their expectations. However, I do have a forever love that does not care if I meassure up or not and that is enough for me. That I wish I have had like many others yes. But I am very content with who I am and how I treat people. But if the rub my big belly the wrong way:

View attachment 22832

when I die lord wont you put my soul up on a train
wont you send it southbound give it a cool bluesman name
Ive been lost out on those back roads so many times I've gone blind
well and losing faith in my family had drove me right out my damn mind

chorus:
but on the south side of heaven wont you take me home
cuz i've been broke down in Texas so long it's getting cold

Well I've been a desperado in West Texas so long I need a change
and in ten long years this old place aint seen a drop of rain
and that wind blows everyday just like a desert snow
like a lost bound train running on cocaine and outta control