Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL!!
"REAL" Coffee is hot and ready, about to go on 2nd cup and start getting veggies (red &green peppers, onions, mushrooms) prepped so I can get the skewers put together for the kebabs (beef, chicken and pork), get the salad shells for the PASTA SALAD (shells, cherry tomatoes, cheese [Mozzarella and Colby] with Italian Dressing) made so by the time FH gets up and gets motivated enough to get the smoker going cuz he's going to smoke (I CREATED A MONSTER:lol:🤣😆) the kebabs first then finish them off on the grill all my prep work will be done. Our friends are bringing DEVILED EGGS but we're also having BAKED BEANS (which yup if there's enough room I'm going to put into the smoker too!!!).

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Country homesteader put those baked beans in one of those throw away aluminum pans. The smoker makes a mess of pans. This way, you won’t have to clean it up, just throw away.

Thanks for the coffee. I woke up at 3AM. I read a book I have about minerals. It seems if you get a wake up call at 3 AM, you are low on magnesium. So I think I’ll be getting some magnesium.

Minerals for the Genetic Code, if anyone is interested.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Well, seems like is catching on...

View attachment 22812
Yeah, "catching on" for sure. 20K exposed to Measles. Oopsie. Turns out that refusing vaccinations is not a good combination with international travel and mass assembly.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
put those baked beans in one of those throw away aluminum pans.
Yup, that's exactly what I did do. We're NOT family are we? Just asking seeing how we think alike :lol:.
GOOD MORNING everyone!!! Coffee is hot and ready even though there's probably just enough for FH to take to work with him, been up since 2:15AM :barnie:he:th:duc:rant:somad. Already on 2nd cup for the day.
I read a book I have about minerals. It seems if you get a wake up call at 3 AM, you are low on magnesium
Or it's due to FH turning his night table light on ON BRIGHT and waking you up at 1:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. But @baymule I thank you for that information I'll have to keep that in mind and look up how to get magnesium without having to take a vitamin supplement.
Pics of some of the dinner yesterday- 1st pic is Pasta Salad, 2nd pic is Beef kebabs (FH had them in smoker a little too long), 3rd pic is SOME of the Chicken kebabs (bottom rack) and the Pork kebabs (top 2 racks), I apologize for not getting pics of the Baked Beans (we actually put them in the smoker too) or the Deviled Eggs.

Attachments

• 1678038437400.jpg
    1678038437400.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20230305_153426_01.jpg
    IMG_20230305_153426_01.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 1678038441771.jpg
    1678038441771.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That looks delicious! We might be 14th cousins 13 times removed….. or however that’s figured. :lol:
Going to get feed this morning. 20 bags of pellets, 2 bales of alfalfa price check BOSS, alfalfa pellets, chick starter, meat bird crumbles and some other stuff I can’t remember. Got 5 new sheep and ordered 50 Cornish Cross chicks.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I take the pills please! 😆
Heading north tomorrow. Too hot down here. I am ok from 60 to 65. Higher or lower not for me.
@baymule you are right. I have yet to find on my Bible not to get vaccinated. I was even given a third covid,lol I get all that comes.

No ER. But will have to go once I get home.
A lot of drama down here. Miss my simple chicken garden life.
Miss you all!