Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule ... CCX slaughter? Doesn't seem that long. :idunno 😁 time flies. Messy, messy...start to finish!

I started well...saw goats out of barn. Then, went out shortly after and "no goats"!! Walked to barn and when I tried to open the door, it was hard -- stuff holding it. Pushed and came face to face with 8 goats. In the feed room! IN THE FEED!! 😡🤬 I yelled, they ran out the door, save two I had to pull out of the turned over can, stuck. Yeah, not happy. That damned one opens the door by the handle.

Picked up. Glad I hadn't made a feed run -- what they ate were alf pellets and some pricey senior stuff, complete feed, so forage in it. Surveyed amounts and expect no founder, etc. But they laid around and relaxed while I installed another latch and clips they can't open. 😖😡😤

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule ... CCX slaughter? Doesn't seem that long. :idunno 😁 time flies. Messy, messy...start to finish!

I started well...saw goats out of barn. Then, went out shortly after and "no goats"!! Walked to barn and when I tried to open the door, it was hard -- stuff holding it. Pushed and came face to face with 8 goats. In the feed room! IN THE FEED!! 😡🤬 I yelled, they ran out the door, save two I had to pull out of the turned over can, stuck. Yeah, not happy. That damned one opens the door by the handle.

Picked up. Glad I hadn't made a feed run -- what they ate were alf pellets and some pricey senior stuff, complete feed, so forage in it. Surveyed amounts and expect no founder, etc. But they laid around and relaxed while I installed another latch and clips they can't open. 😖😡😤

"Opens the door by the handle" 😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Surveyed amounts and expect no founder, etc.

Bad dang goats! That's such a horrible feeling to find out they've gotten into something that can potentially kill them. In fact, it's been a very long time but I did lose really nice doe to her gluttony.... :(

Glad yours don't seem to have gotten too much.