The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lunch - turkey sandwich
IMG_20211123_165612_HDR.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
As long as I can remember I've cooked the turkey for thanksgiving. This year my mother in law asked my wife at the last minute if I was cooking the turkey this year? I told my wife don't I every year? Why does she ask such a thing? Then I said tell your mom I just took the turkey out to defrost. My mother in law said she was going to go buy a brined and pre cooked smoked turkey. I said fine by me and I put the turkey back in the deep freeze.

So my mother in law cooked the turkey and stuffing this Thanksgiving. I Love my mother in law but it's because I've recently started to try my best to guard my tongue and speak truth in all things (I'm far from perfect in this area BTW). But I have to say the turkey was way over cooked and tough, dry and tasted like bitter like pure salt. Plus she made stove top stuffing and there was no cranberry sauce what so ever.

My wife wanted a turkey and stuffing sandwich for lunch and honestly so did I. But we didn't bring any turkey leftovers home because frankly, the turkey wasn't good at all. My wife said I miss my turkey sandwich and looked at me with 'those puppy dog eyes" and I said yes I will cook us a cornbread stuffing stuffed turkey like you are used to.

So sometime in between now and Christmas, we'll be doing second Thanksgiving with a Bourbon Red Turkey Tom, I raised and put in the freezer early this summer.

The things Love causes a man to do is simply amazing.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh no, what happened?!
Its simple really...

I was told he banded them a few weeks ago. But I found out today he hasn't banded them yet. I just politely forgave him and told him i'll look elsewhere. I didn't get upset or even have any Ill feelings what so ever. I know I did the right thing. I have faith two steers will show up, these are obviously not meant for me.

It's the strangest thing... I've forgave several people today. This gentleman being one.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's the strangest thing... I've forgave several people today. This gentleman being one.
So, did you also forgive your MIL? :lol: what possessed her? We'll, you can now have the whole bird to yourselves!! If it helps, I didn't cook one either. I plan to do that in a week or so. I do miss those sandwiches!:drool

I'm sorry about the calves.....but we know there are more!