Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, have you NOT blanched green beans before freezing???
Grandma this is how we do corn. We usually get 4 trimmed ears per gallon ziplock baggie. Best if you can vacuum seal though. The silk slides right off when you defrost them also.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IF I freeze grn beans, I blanch first. Rarely freeze them. I prefer canned for those.

Now I bet you can hardly wait to prep corn to freeze next yr :lol: :lol: cut stem end to where ear starts. Cut silk end to where kernels start. Remove only very outer shucks, the loose ones. Done. I use a large heavy plastic bag for 2-3 dzn in it. Those shucks are tight, great protection. You could have had those done in an HR or two, not most of day. Your welcome! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Been doing this way for yrs -- eating it & still alive ๐Ÿ˜

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
IF I freeze grn beans, I blanch first. Rarely freeze them. I prefer canned for those.

Now I bet you can hardly wait to prep corn to freeze next yr :lol: :lol: cut stem end to where ear starts. Cut silk end to where kernels start. Remove only very outer shucks, the loose ones. Done. I use a large heavy plastic bag for 2-3 dzn in it. Those shucks are tight, great protection. You could have had those done in an HR or two, not most of day. Your welcome! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Been doing this way for yrs -- eating it & still alive ๐Ÿ˜
We did a walmart run-- its 40 min away, just got back, put stuff away and reheated this mornings coffee

ok, so the books say you can raw pack into hot jars- fill with the hot salted water-- pressure for 1 hour 20 min?????
wow doesnt that cook the life out of the beans and all of health benefits?
Do you use quart jars? enough for the 2 of us?

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Holy-Cow-P540.jpg

2:00 already!!!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
We did a walmart run-- its 40 min away, just got back, put stuff away and reheated this mornings coffee

ok, so the books say you can raw pack into hot jars- fill with the hot salted water-- pressure for 1 hour 20 min?????
wow doesnt that cook the life out of the beans and all of health benefits?
Do you use quart jars? enough for the 2 of us?
For us two, a pint is plenty for one meal. I think we PC for 25 minutes

Latest posts