Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Had a nice .6 inch soaking easy rain yesterday and it all just soaked in as fast as it came down. Calling for some more severe storms this afternoon. Nice breeze this morning....
Got to set up meters for milk testing at a farm this morning, to go to this afternoon, and head to get on the bush hog at the pasture to hopefully finish up. Then son can move tractor and bush hog to another place to get it done also.
Put another 20 qts green and wax beans in the freezer ... makes about 35 or 40. Lost count. Didn't do any last year due to the dad blamed ground hogs... will have another picking of green beans at least and probably a smaller amount of wax beans in a few days, they have needed some watering and so the rains will be a big plus... then will probably pull plants... got the fuzzy yellow bean "eater", I think the larvae stage of the bean beetle...on all the leaves, so the plants will not do alot and this will give room for the cantaloupe to spread.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Rain on and off all last night and into this morning. A good thunderboomer storm last night to the south of us, just close enough to hear.

Farmers in the area got most of the wheat harvested and hay second cutting done before this system came through.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I seen the tornado to the north of us last night when lightning lit up the sky. Wasn't very large and unsure if it actually touched down but I could see it it was hanging low in the clouds.

The wind was blowing from the south, then it abruptly changed to the north and the temperature dropped. I would say a good 10 degrees, or atleast if felt like that much. It was interesting to thing to watch sitting on a lawn chair, in the dark with baby kitty toms that jumped in my lap and Jack mature Tom cat under the lawn chair.

We didn't even get a rain drop here by the time I went inside about 1:00 AM and it was dry this morning when I got up.

🙏👆❤️

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
🤷‍♂️
IMG_20230807_190632416~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning all! Water reservoir on coffee pot is full, powdered creamer, sugar in front of 2 different coffee (Maxwell House in glass jar and Café Bustello in plastic container) so go ahead and make ya a cup of coffee then go sit on patio in new furniture and enjoy a break. Yup, behind it is a new smoker- PIT BOSS then next to it is my original smoker FH got me Char Boil vertical then next that is our regular grill. It took FH all day to put that furniture together (box said 2 man 90 minute assembly)- which it would have been if Savage hadn't decided to not only pull me but drag (yup I was full on my belly on the ground) about 5 feet very early Sunday morning. I'm still a little sore but thankful that I was only very sore and nothing ended up broken so yup I'm thankful I'm chubby. I do have some bruised ribs and other bones still.

Attachments

• IMG_20230808_072523 (2).jpg
    IMG_20230808_072523 (2).jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 34

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
tried one of the Hot & Sweet peppers yesterday. it was as advertised by the name hot and sweet but also rather tasteless in terms of flavor. there's about a hundred on the two plants. i guess i let them get red and hope they finish with more character as a dry pepper.

my brother and nephew are stopping over today so perhaps they will take some.

Last edited:

Latest posts