Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IN CASE...anyone was speculating as to raising broilers, here's a read to give you pause. Chicken ain't gonna be cheap at the store!! I feel badly for these family farms.😔. And many winter crops destroyed in FL. More grocery prices going up.

We've already decided to raise CCX this spring. Going to try closing underneath a trampoline, with chicken wire and make it into a tractor. Trampoline tractors seems to be the thing around here, with people giving trampolines away for free. IDK... seems doable and easy enough to move around, I reckon we'll see how it works out.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter I thought about you when I saw this!

IMG_5050.jpeg

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1695554265354.jpeg

It's all by the coffee pot ready for your cup or glass of iced coffee. I'm about to go on 2nd cup, waiting on FH to get up seeing how he says need to get going on storm clean up (mostly twigs and pine cones/needles). When I was out there just before day break it was still drizzling a little (a mist if you prefer!)
How did the rest of my VA neighbors do during the storm?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's gloomy here. Overcast, WET, looks like it could rain 🤷 third day of the storm front, the tail end. Some of NC got 7-8" of rain. We missed out, only 4.5+ 🤣. More than enough!! Sunshine, please!

I unapologetically slept until 7:30. Just having welcome coffee. Things need to be done but, just too wet for a lot of it. 🥴 Lower temps all week but dry 👏

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
In addition to the house stuff, volunteer gig stuff in full swing. End of fiscal year, so lots of financial paperwork, registration, and admin reporting to do. We have multiple public events the next 5 weeks, a new training class, and gearing up for Toys For Tots. Not the best timing for everything, but will "coffee up" and carry on.

Finishing this morning's java and going to get ready and saddle up to start the day

Appreciate you all

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
proxy.duckduckgo.com_-14.jpeg

We took the splitter over yesterday and helped our son , we split wood for 3 straight hours, son did all the heavy lifting. We finished just at 11:15 as it started to rain,
Picking tomatoes today and kale getting a bit of mowing done for the chickens as soo as the bit of grass is dry and before it rains.
Have a good day

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In addition to the house stuff, volunteer gig stuff in full swing. End of fiscal year, so lots of financial paperwork, registration, and admin reporting to do. We have multiple public events the next 5 weeks, a new training class, and gearing up for Toys For Tots. Not the best timing for everything, but will "coffee up" and carry on.
Whew - makes me tired just reading all of that!