Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My low carb recipe/notes book is still packed up. Wish I could say that for my sweet tooth.

peanut butter chips are probably not that very good compared to what you can do with plain peanut butter and just a little powdered sugar. if you like vanilla it is really good in this mix.

for the chocolate layer you could use dark chocolate and heavy cream.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
peanut butter chips are probably not that very good compared to what you can do with plain peanut butter and just a little powdered sugar. if you like vanilla it is really good in this mix.

for the chocolate layer you could use dark chocolate and heavy cream.
The peanut butter and powdered sugar aren't low carb. Same for dark chocolate. The low carb chips aren't as tasty, but it's a reality to stay low carb.

The heavy cream isn't enough. Need butter and coconut oil to thicken it up.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
8PM clear skies, calm and our thermometer says 21F. Only sounds I hear outside are coyotes. I want to believe we are headed into the teens overnight, stay warm friends 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Teens here, too -- they say. 🥶😖. And I'm in coastal VA...60 miles from VA beach. This is COLD for here!!! What's up with this? :idunno :th

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
we had wind chill down to 2F this morning and 19F but it should be warmer out there now, but not enough to melt the snow and thaw out the ground. later this week is supposed to have chances of rain and back to the mid 40sF but i'm not sure what that means for me getting outside and finishing up more gardens or doing other things. today i'm on strict bed rest, or at least as strict as what gravity and levity allow. :) what good is a todo list if it is empty? ...
Wait..... what happened?

Why are you on strict bed rest?

:hugs

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The peanut butter and powdered sugar aren't low carb. Same for dark chocolate. The low carb chips aren't as tasty, but it's a reality to stay low carb.

ok. not something i'm super sensitive about but i understand as i also don't want a lot of added sugar unless i'm the one adding it.

The heavy cream isn't enough. Need butter and coconut oil to thicken it up.

if you need a thickener then you are adding too much heavy cream. chocolate ganaches are commonly made with only the two ingredients (three if you want a flavoring of some kind).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wait..... what happened?

Why are you on strict bed rest?

:hugs

self deprecating humor, i'm not really but it is giving a strained arch in my left foot a rest to have this week mostly off from gardening. high arches should have supports in my garden shoes but i don't so if i'm not paying attention during my gardening i can pull them and they complain. normally i am sprawled out anyways here on my futon which is also my couch as it is more comfortable than any other position for me. also i do not sit much at all if i can help it because of past back problems. so for me to say anything about bed rest would be a joke as i spend a lot of time reading in bed (the word for that is a librocubiculiarist) as my computer is right here and i read a lot on the computer along with reading actual books.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep, got to 18. Winds are gone. Sun is bright. Warming. Coffee is hot, 3rd load of laundry washing, 2nd drying. It's cold 😖not line drying today! Had to break ice on all water troughs this morn.

Staying home today.....things to do. Outside after lunch. Have I said how I dislike cold weather?? Sure, many times!! 😁