Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So far its down to 20. State of emergency in several counties. It just doesn't happen here. Not worried about my inside pipes. This place was redone in 2018 down to the studs, and new code for insulation. I "think" its 2x6 framing - never really checked. Its the outside pipes that I'm worried about. There are alot of hose bibs out there now.

I cannot sleep. Two nites ago, I didn't fall asleep until 1, and then fitfully. The damn dream of riding a bike, which was hard to turn cus nobody had checked the power steering fluid, and the pedals were impossible to push on, so I had to put both feet on one side and then switch to the other side. Also at a Mall where I was with my bike, I was looking for Sears or JCPenney. Couldn't find them. Some man came up to me and said Ms. Murphysranch? Is that you? Are you all right? I said no, and he walked away. When I got up at 7:30, I could barely see out of my eyes.

Same thing last nite. Took three hours to fall asleep fully, and then fitfully until I got up at 5:30 this morning. Bleary eyed for sure.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Winter has arrived, it happens ever year. Now we get to look forward to spring👍

5 gallon bucket of water I keep full for the neighborhood dogs and cats
Screenshot_20240113_104126_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Winter has arrived, it happens ever year. Now we get to look forward to spring👍

5 gallon bucket of water I keep full for the neighborhood dogs and cats
View attachment 25308

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️
What a fantastic invention! Water that makes its own bucket! Wow!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope you faired well over night,, going to be a colder repeat of yesterday. The sky was as clear as it could be at 2am,,

We hit 10°. It actually kept fluctuating between 10 and 12° all night. At 10:45 here we're up to 20°

All the chickens did fine. The silkies did wait until it was actual sunrise to get up instead of getting up at the first bit of predawn.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We hit 10°. It actually kept fluctuating between 10 and 12° all night. At 10:45 here we're up to 20°

All the chickens did fine. The silkies did wait until it was actual sunrise to get up instead of getting up at the first bit of predawn.
Yea!!
it is now 20, I did let the flock out at 9:30, they were very happy to get the corn

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score