Day 2 - currently 4F
Screenshot_20240114_081627_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Winter has arrived. -3°F

We're thankful it's cold enough to switch to the wood furnace. We were down to 38% of the propane tank!!

Gotta feed the chickens some fat today while the cat is out of the coop. That cat is FAT since moving into the chicken coop. Also, the kids haven't seen mice in the coop since moving tha cat:clapShe isn't eating any cat kibble!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So yesterday Mom tells me I got a post card from the local hospital telling me I need to book a colonoscopy. I haven't been to that hospital in 36 years. It was also in my maiden name. I haven't use that since the 1990s. Haven't lived at my parents house in forever either.

Where the heck did they pull their list of people to send thing to?

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Single digits here. Interesting side effect from the storm system. The prevailing winds are pushing water out of the shallow western Lake Erie basin, exposing part of the lake bed. Kinda cool

Very interesting story... the winds must be really wicked to move that much water....

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Been cold here and more wind than normal... 25 up to maybe 40 but the wind made it the coldest 40 I have felt in a LOOOONG Time.

Got cows caught in the catch pen and moved to barn lot for pregnancy checks tomorrow. Vet due at 1 p.m.... got 30 to do... expect there are a couple that are open... found a dead calf and not sure who had it.....so at least one that is not still pregnant... I think there are 29 to do...

Supposed to get about 1/2 to 2 inches of snow starting around 3-4 a.m.; then a break and more coming in after 2 or so...

Down to 24 and dropping a bit more most likely. At least the cotton pickin' wind has died down... it was brutal out there.
Did what I could to get things situated for the cold and snow...

Latest posts