Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ahhh - so nice of you! I am a visual learner and learn by watching - you go first, lol!

no problem!

this is a picture from a previous year, but about the same as what it looks like today. mostly going to melt this week if the forecast is accurate, rain and above freezing every day and night after Monday.

pc140013_Bumps_Shadows_thm.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule yep, can't stop it, so less is best! 🫤 Think we will get some of it beginning Thurs. Not wanted.

BUT warming trends all week! 🥳🎉. Hope it lasts another 6 weeks!! 😳 🙄Fat chance! 😞🤞 One can dream, right?

Time to get serious with starting garden plants, tilling, layout planning and all that! 🥰 It's more fun now than when the weed & hoe work arrives 😂. Need to assemble this little greenhouse.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Winter day 10. It was 4F when I walked outside this morning. The ground sparkled from the sunlight, where there was no snow. The wind was calm and it was sunny. The day ended with a high of 26F overcast and breezy winds from the south.

Ice bucket is still a ice bucket and like ice bucket, most everything is froze up.
Screenshot_20240121_175604_Gallery.jpg

Enjoyed church and the sermon this morning, all of John chapter 9. After lunch we hung a 16 foot gate to keep cattle out of the summer pasture. This cold is bound to pass sooner rather than later. And with south winds today, I felt it was time to close off the summer pasture. It gets muddy down there during winter thaw and spring rains, but is firm over summer and has good grass.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
32f05abb184bc9cb2cdb221acdd47c11.jpg

Good Morning everyone! Hope all had a great weekend. Yesterday FH and I meet with a wonderful baker who is going to do our wedding cake and cupcakes for us. We like her and her prices so we're NOT going with anyone else. We just have to decide on the flavors of the cupcakes AT LEAST 4 different but no MORE than 6.
Don't ask me what I did because I don't know but my wrist has been bothering me for the past week or so. It feels like I sprained it or something, I don't think it's broken but hopefully later on this week when FH is home because of the weather (rain) and NO jobs are scheduled he'll take me to Patient First or Urgent Care. Yes, I know the brace is a little big for me it belongs to FH who a few years ago had something wrong with his wrist but right now it's better than nothing at all. I know I'll heal way before the wedding but still I'm irked that I did it so close to the wedding.
I so can't wait for the warmer temps to get here!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20240122_064018_01.jpg
    IMG_20240122_064018_01.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 25

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Country homesteader sounds like most of your wedding decisions are made 👍 maybe you can relax for a while 🤗. Savage, well he needs an obedience course. 🙄. Bad boy! Better get that wrist checked, in case.

Today is sunshine!! Should warm nicely. Tonight mid 20s but last of below freeze for a week!! In fact it's gonna be above average temps all week 🥳. Even with more rain added in, I'll take it!