Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Boy we have had the monsoon rain here in kitsap county,, everything is saturated soggy— my chicken run over hang is starting to smell — I scoop it everyday- i have turned it but things are just to wet..
So I am looking at ways to cut the ammonia smell before it gets toxic—
——-
https://lucernefarms.com/how-to-reduce-ammonia-in-poultry-houses/

There are a number of ways to lower levels of ammonia in the coop, starting with cleaning stalls and run-ins on a regular basis (no matter how cold your fingers may be!). The liberal application of chicken coop bedding, such as Koop Clean, in the coop and nesting boxes effectively eliminates ammonia. Sweet PDZ, the active ingredient in Koop Clean, is made from zeolites and effectively neutralizes the ammonia gases. In addition to these measures, keeping the coop well ventilated will also aid in your chickens’ respiratory health (but make sure that they do not catch a chill!).

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning, Happy Monday,
Up at 4am tended to the coop, fed the dogs and made coffee. I am just so surprised how warm at it is again this morning.
6:30 now, my coffee cup is empty and I need to go do my devotional reading and Bible study.
Then its laundry, mixing up bread to be baked, cooking some beans for our lunch this week, tilling the chicken run ,tilling/ feeding the garden bed & cutting back any dead stuff, 3pm get dinner started, dusting, bathrooms, vacuum, and clock out, hahahahaha

I need to wrap up all indoor cleaning and handy projects the outside work is coming fast-- I already need to weed the front lavender beds- the field grass is kicking in,

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wonderful sunrise at 7:20am
image_16856577.JPG

image_67198721.JPG

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got everything on my list except the garden and dusting 🥸
I turned the wood chips in the
over hang/ covered run area and I took one of the plexi panels off the entry for air flow and is smells a lot better. I think i just need to keep the water out in the big run, unless it snows,
The flock loved helping

IMG_3975.jpeg

IMG_3969.jpeg

IMG_3970.jpeg

IMG_3973.jpeg IMG_3976.jpeg

IMG_3986.jpeg