Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
1 Corinthians
20 Where is the wise person? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has God not made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block, and to Gentiles foolishness, 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than mankind, and the weakness of God is stronger than mankind.
View attachment 16424

You always take such quality photos.

I am impressed at your eye.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
thank you,
I just look through my heart,
and this is were I sat reading this afternoon
I thought of you as I was walking to church today...

And took this photo of a
Wild geranium
20210716_193040.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Rough day yesterday. My meat freezer died. Dead as a door nail. Lowe’s in Lindale only had a 5 cubic foot tiny chest freezer. NONE in Lowe’s in Tyler. NONE at Sams Club, NONE at Home Depot. A small locally owned appliance and furniture store had just gotten in 4 upright freezers the day before. DH watched the 2 little granddaughters and I took truck to Tyler. Our door measured 29 1/2” the freezer measured 29”. How convenient that the only freezer in 75 miles would squeeze through the door! Neighbor Robert came over to help us get it in the house. We set it up, plugged it in and leveled it. $900 plus 5 year extended warranty, plus tax came to $1,136. Meat was still frozen. We got it all moved to new freezer, by then it was almost 7PM. Supper was canceled, granddaughters had ramen noodle soup, 14 year old granddaughter had half a box of cheese/it’s crackersDH fixed a sandwich and I had a bowl of cereal. I gave my new freezer a hug this morning!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Rough day yesterday. My meat freezer died. Dead as a door nail. Lowe’s in Lindale only had a 5 cubic foot tiny chest freezer. NONE in Lowe’s in Tyler. NONE at Sams Club, NONE at Home Depot. A small locally owned appliance and furniture store had just gotten in 4 upright freezers the day before. DH watched the 2 little granddaughters and I took truck to Tyler. Our door measured 29 1/2” the freezer measured 29”. How convenient that the only freezer in 75 miles would squeeze through the door! Neighbor Robert came over to help us get it in the house. We set it up, plugged it in and leveled it. $900 plus 5 year extended warranty, plus tax came to $1,136. Meat was still frozen. We got it all moved to new freezer, by then it was almost 7PM. Supper was canceled, granddaughters had ramen noodle soup, 14 year old granddaughter had half a box of cheese/it’s crackersDH fixed a sandwich and I had a bowl of cereal. I gave my new freezer a hug this morning!
What a blessing that you found out the old freezer had expired BEFORE all the meat was spoiled. Rough day for sure. today will be better.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cherry pie is my favorite, have never had fresh cherry pie, only frozen store bought. That pie looks delicious.

The old freezer was on the screened in porch because it wouldn’t go through the door. Come to find out, RATS chewed through the backing and chewed up the wiring. :he:rant:somad I HATE F’ING RATS!! Neighbor Robert came over yesterday and rewired it, it is running now. So….. I have THREE freezers. Oh well, it could’ve been a compressor or something unfixable and I could’ve lost all that meat. I hit the panic button, went into crisis mode and bought new freezer.

I can’t toss rat poison under the porch because that’s where Trip, Carson and Paris den up to escape the heat. Can’t put it on the porch either because the dogs move to on the porch at night and during rain storms. Paris hates and kills snakes, so no pet rat snake under the porch either. Maybe I’ll just set rat traps and close porch off to dogs for awhile. Damned F’ing RATS!