Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Why not videos? Is there copyright conflicts?
Coffee is ready. Going to pick green beans today. I’ll check the Painted Mountain corn to see if it’s ready to pull. We got 3 1/4” of rain 4 days ago, been letting it dry, hope the rain didn’t cause it to sprout in the shucks.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow just the opposite here. Granted I don't get out much, so I can't say if it's like that often or not. But it was very strange to me.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
They all came to my house! I live about fifteen minutes away from the beach and if you have to take the intersection that goes to the bridge you’ll end up waiting at least fifteen minutes to turn. A couple thousand extra people crowded in a small town over here means an empty town for everyone else. I expect they’ll return to you soon enough.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The corn was sprouting and some was moldy. I still got lots of corn and the pigs enjoyed their treat. I have it spread on the table to dry. I have 10 pints of green beans in the canner and I picked another crap load of zucchini. I’ll deal with the zucchini tomorrow. Also got 8 yellow squash. When it comes on, it just doesn’t slow down.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
yep, thats us, same here
It's become obvious to me by reading the replies to my post. That southern Illinois is NOT tourist territory and that way more than fine by me :) go to Chicago instead.
IMG_20210718_222701_211.jpg

IMG_20210722_174112_764.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Happiness / Contentment Its a choice - look around, what around you are you glad you have? now choose to be thankful for it,
Now that you are thankful, choose to show gratitude to the provider of all things good,
Now,,,Be Content with the things you have

Be Happy
And can I add? Your mind must arrive "here" first before your soul does.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just for the record... It's was today, Friday 23 July, 2021. At 10:45 AM, it's currently party cloudy and 84 degrees an absolutely picture perfect day. Ole CC (me) went to get a #4 buzz cut in town, some 12 miles away. I drove farm truck the back country roads into town. Along the way, I took a mental note of how many cars/trucks I saw on the road before I got into town.

I see ZERO cars/trucks before I got into town. After my hair cut I seen ZERO cars/trucks on my way back home from town. I did see ONE man mowing his lawn and I waved at him and he waved back. I want to note, I did see a few cars/trucks and people in town, but they were very few, not at all what i would consider normal. But I wasn't counting them. I was counting rural country cars/trucks/people.

I also want to note, I was extremely uncomfortable having Stephanie cut my hair, alone in her shop, just me and her. Before her father walked into the shop near the end of my hair cut. You can ask anyone who knows me well. I avoid being alone with a woman, unless it's my wife.

Question... Am I in the twilight zone? I drove approximately 24 country road miles, seen ZERO cars/trucks on the road. I only seen one man mowing his lawn in the country. It sure seems like the twilight zone to me. So strange... Where have all the beautiful people gone?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I understand your feeling, re: being alone with person of opposite gender if spouse not present. It's not even a "trust" thing. But, it is what it is. Yes, I will conduct business with the opposite gender, and go nose to nose to see to it that I don't get taken advantage of. Unless... it is a repair/mechanical/car issue. Then, it has become very evident over the years that it's so very easy for a woman to get taken advantage of. But, there is a comfort level. In our church, any males in leadership will NEVER be alone with a woman who is not their wife. And, I would say that almost always, any counseling for women is done BY women. There may be the occasion when the pastor must provide counsel, in that case, he brings his wife along, or an other woman who is a spiritual leader.

As for your "zombie apocalypse" vacant streets where you live... Any time we see more than 3 cars on the main route to our little dead end road, we call it "grid lock" or a "traffic jam"!

Spent the day running errands, and there was plenty of traffic "in town".

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So before I got to the end of your "Take Note" I was thinking , it sounds like, you have stepped into the Twilight Zone, or sadly, a lot have people are afraid to leave their homes

Well, I'm fixing on putting an end to this episode of "The Twilight Zone" here in less than an hour. Mother in Law, Son, Favorite Daughter in Law, Two Grand Daughters, Wife and me, will be meeting here. Then going to sit down supper at a restaurant. Of course this was all too easy, all I had to say is I'm buying 😂