Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, I'm fixing on putting an end to this episode of "The Twilight Zone" here in less than an hour. Mother in Law, Son, Favorite Daughter in Law, Two Grand Daughters, Wife and me, will be meeting here. Then going to sit down supper at a restaurant. Of course this was all too easy, all I had to say is I'm buying 😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
I'll be right there.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oooooo an invasion of town :gig
Nope just a walk across the road to the community country cafe. Friday is all you can eat catfish with all the fixins and mega salad bar and blackberry dumplings for desert.

I am so Thankful, we moved here just about a year ago. But the community has accepted my wife and I with open arms, it's like we've been here all our lives. The community is fairly large, just really spread out. Our community country cafe is now only open on Friday for supper. But come hunting season, it will be open every day for breakfast, lunch and supper, except Sunday.

I got hugs from 3 neighbor ladies at the cafe. Plus hugs from my favorite daughter in law, grand daughters, my mother in law and of course my wife. Lots of hand shakes and pats on the back from the men, who call me brother. That's my name around here, "Brother". I like Brother a lot better than Bo, which is what they called me in North Carolina.

After supper the kids played over at my other neighbor's and our house, running back and forth playing hide and seek and other child games. While us adults sat around and talked, but mostly complained about how much we eat. So I'm really good now, no more Twilight Zone. I got to enjoy beautiful people and the sound of happy childern. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hugs, and smiles, and laughter are what makes us human, and helps keep those endorphins flowing. The largest social experiment in the history of the world has tried desperately to destroy that. May it never succeed.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hugs, and smiles, and laughter are what makes us human, and helps keep those endorphins flowing. The largest social experiment in the history of the world has tried desperately to destroy that. May it never succeed.

It really doesn't get much clearer than this, now does it?

Psalm 118:24 New Living Translation

24 This is the day the Lord has made.
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OK not again... but...

I went into town to pick up a load of 60lb concrete bags about 1:30 PM. I seen very few people out, eventhough It's was 85 degrees, partly sunny, a absolutely beautiful day. I drove farm truck, both windows down, rockin' -n rollin' up a 4 lane divided highway. I even took around a 2 minute video for myself so I could watch it, just to ensure I really wasn't in the twilight zone.

I just don't get it, seriously I don't. Where are all the beautiful people? How can I be the only truck in two lanes, on a 4 lane divided highway, for so long? It's Saturday and it's summer for crying out loud and the weather is frigging awesome.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just got back from town, the same town, the same roads, the same highway. 93 degrees and pop up thunder storms. But beautiful people are everywhere. ❤️ So weird, so strange... Yesterday about the same time, very very few people, today Sunday beautiful people everywhere. Church services maybe??? IDK... 🙄

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just got back from town, the same town, the same roads, the same highway. 93 degrees and pop up thunder storms. But beautiful people are everywhere. ❤️ So weird, so strange... Yesterday about the same time, very very few people, today Sunday beautiful people everywhere. Church services maybe??? IDK... 🙄

God isn’t letting you see people so you pray for them... or you’re in the twilight zone. Honestly, it’s a toss up in my mind.

Latest posts