Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So I go to jump in farm truck and a book was in the driver's seat. I looked at it and said: What?!?!?!?
View attachment 17198

I could be mistaking, but I think someones wife has been to the book store 🙄

Question... Ladies, is there some hidden meaning here -or- is it just one of those I was thinking about you again things? 🤔

atleast it's not another "encyclopedia"😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
What?!?!?! Ole CC QUOTING his own post? No... Ole CC didn't fall and bump his head 😂

But I did what to say this. I finished the book and It's a good one. Full of common sense from someone who's been there done that. It's packed full of information, a lot of stuff I never knew or would think of.

I kissed my wife and said Thank You for the book. She's like what book? The Beef Cattle book you left in the driver's seat of farm truck. She got a huge smile on her face, it was one of those ear to ear smiles and that made my day ❤️ I've been married to her for 36,000 years and she still surprises me almost every day. Thank You @Mini Horses 👍

This is just an example of common sense stuff I never knew... They bought their first two dairy calfs at auction. They didn't have a trailer to bring them home. So they went a bought a tarp and put it in the back of their van. Got some free hay from the auction house and put the two calfs in the back of the van with their children to keep them quiet and laying down. He goes on to say, if they are laying down they don't make a mess. "Mess" meaning poo and pee.

I would have never thought that. That's just some Good Ole Country Living knowledge right there.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A friend of DH had a calf that his (DH's) brother wanted to raise for the fair. They brought "Orange Julius" (for his coloring) home in a Corvair Van. Going down the freeway in Santa Clara County. Bright orange nose pressed against the window the whole way. Turned a fair number of heads. 🤣

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woke up at 4:00, made cornbread for the dressing, got turkey in the oven now. Got things to do today, naturally it will be raining tomorrow. I'll probably have to feed in the rain in the morning, load the truck (stupid car is chugging and probably needs a tune up) and go.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Woke up at 4:00, made cornbread for the dressing, got turkey in the oven now. Got things to do today, naturally it will be raining tomorrow. I'll probably have to feed in the rain in the morning, load the truck (stupid car is chugging and probably needs a tune up) and go.
I am up also, 3:45,
I am praying for you Bay! and dont forget Sister, You, ARE, Loved! 💞
I know words dont help get the work done, :hugs but, I know the Lord will give you strength.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:cafCup#3

I am not cook a meal for my 20 this year. My DH is working Thu. - Mon. So we are staying home. I cook all the time, so a Sunday type supper is easy-peasy,, I cooked the turkey yesterday. Today, I'll make up stuffing, I have 2 yams and garden green beans in the freezer. I'll bake up a pie later after I make BK. So, yes, an easy day. hahaha never did get that load of wash in yesterday

I am over on the BYC site-Large Coop design forum , looking, gleaning,
I know what I want, but DH needs plans / photos
So , just :caf drinking coffee , staying warm with the woodstove going, thinking, its 6:10 and I need got go out to the coop soon, I have been waiting closer to daylight to go out , there is a peek of light, not much, about 7 so I'll go at 6:45
Capturesr.JPG

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok, well I looked at all 33 pages of BYC coop /runs,,
We are defiantly going to take photos and document how and why, when we build our new coop. The new walk-in coop will have a roof line that extends out at least 6 feet of the run for summer shade and winter dryness, the run will be very large so the current flock doesn't get on each others nerves. The coop will be at min. 8X16, we'll see. I want to have a corner set up for the brooder.
The windows on the current 6X8 coop are to high, it is really hard for short Grandma to get them open-so lower windows-
IMG_0289.JPG

So, more to com on the thinking / planning

Latest posts