Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Moving slow this morning for some reason. Maybe just tired with all the moving, babies,, and kidding stuff going on in here. Watching can be exhausting.

Coffee is hot, now to think about the things that won't get done today

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm slowly sipping my first cup. Not anxious to get outside this morning - it's crazy windy! I closed the garage door on the NE side of the barn last night so not terribly worried that the little ones will be chilled. It's really not that cold - temp is 50 but the wind .... the wind!

Mostly inside chores today!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I went into town today, for a hair cut. There is no barbershop, so my wife made me an appoint at Be-You-tiful. Stephanie is such a sweet lady. We talked about my favorite subject Lord Jesus Christ while she gave me a #4 buzz cut and even did my eyebrows. I've never had anyone trim my eyebrows before 😳 Stephanie also has a shirt press and makes custom shirt. This design is the one I'm gonna have her make on a few plain black tshirts 👍 But I'm changing the words COMING BACK to RETURNING.
IMG_20220115_112514947.jpg

I just looked in the mirror and my hair is no longer a sight and this is alright 😂

Mathew 18:19~20

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter .... the pour on ivermectin is just that, ready to go pour on. No water, no mixing. Are the calves looking wormy? Any reason to think they need to be wormed? We don't often ever worm in the cold weather as it is hard on their systems.... only do it if we think they really need it. And then do it on as warm a day as you are forecast, preferable with no rain or snow or "weather" (precip) for at least 24-48 hours. When we do worm, we try to do it about 48 hours BEFORE we move them to a new pasture so they shed the worms and eggs out on the old pasture and they don't get reinfected as fast. But we don't do much worming now except for bought animals, and sometimes the feeders when they are where we are able to move them a couple days later to clean ground. It is harder to use pour on when they have a long hair coat (winter hair). You should basically part the hair down their backbone and get it on their skin. So that is a judgement call on your part. Many people worm as matter of course... we don't.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter .... the pour on ivermectin is just that, ready to go pour on. No water, no mixing. Are the calves looking wormy? Any reason to think they need to be wormed? We don't often ever worm in the cold weather as it is hard on their systems.... only do it if we think they really need it. And then do it on as warm a day as you are forecast, preferable with no rain or snow or "weather" (precip) for at least 24-48 hours. When we do worm, we try to do it about 48 hours BEFORE we move them to a new pasture so they shed the worms and eggs out on the old pasture and they don't get reinfected as fast. But we don't do much worming now except for bought animals, and sometimes the feeders when they are where we are able to move them a couple days later to clean ground. It is harder to use pour on when they have a long hair coat (winter hair). You should basically part the hair down their backbone and get it on their skin. So that is a judgement call on your part. Many people worm as matter of course... we don't.
Not seeing any indication that they are wormy. But I operate by the "no question, is a dumb question" rule. So I figured I would ask and got excellent response. Thank You Again 👍

I was thinking about you today and then I thought about a guy like me. Then I thought you should write a book, to help a guy like me. When you do, can I please buy the first copy?

And no I'm not joking... You really should think about writing a book. You have no idea how much you help a guy like me.

Just carry a recoding device around with you and speak into it. Then get it transcribed, read through it and make adjustments. Then organize into chapters. You could publish an ebook pretty easy by yourself or you could seek a publisher and have them print and publish into paper.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just relaxing with coffee. Waiting for the crappy weather rolling in to make a mess. @farmerjan is getting a harder hit from these two joining events...we're about 3 hrs apart. I'm looking for way more rain than needed, she'll get more white stuff! That mileage puts me closer to coast and warmer temps. What a difference that makes. The southern front is pushing the colder snow event from NW to a place north of me. Nice. :caf:celebrate