Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
spent the last 2 hours helping my oldest search and apply for college scholarships, I didn't even know there were ones out there for Juniors!!! She has 10 in the books and about 8 more on her list to get done by Feb. and then a list a mile long for once she is at senior status.

She found her college--private Christian non-denomination college about 45 min away. So happy! (I went to a Catholic college a long time ago and loved it)
Smart girl! Good job momma!

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Howdy all. I had today off and attempted to catch up. (Starting with skipping 20 pages) Hope all is well. To much to comment on it all. I had a mental note of a few pages I wanted to quote but after 8 hrs of hit and miss reading I forgot.
Update on me. Came home (actually away from home for work to the camper) to froze up busted parts, fixed that, then the out going water froze so I shut off the incoming, then it froze up under ground and so I built a heckofa warmer around the hydrant to warm the ground and fixed the only leak I found so far.
Have a nice evening.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Howdy all. I had today off and attempted to catch up. (Starting with skipping 20 pages) Hope all is well. To much to comment on it all. I had a mental note of a few pages I wanted to quote but after 8 hrs of hit and miss reading I forgot.
Update on me. Came home (actually away from home for work to the camper) to froze up busted parts, fixed that, then the out going water froze so I shut off the incoming, then it froze up under ground and so I built a heckofa warmer around the hydrant to warm the ground and fixed the only leak I found so far.
Have a nice evening.
wow, that makes for a long day. Frozen plumbing is no joke. I hope you get thawed out and warmed up. :hugs

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't mean to be a complainer but I have to call them how I "see" them. Or in this case, how I couldn't see them. Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to make the directions in 1/4 point font? I mean seriously I couldn't even get the camera to focus in so I could enlarge the picture to read it. I had to go and get bionic babe to read it for me.
IMG_20220115_132801630.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hummpf. The wife just found some guy via our landlord to clear the drive for this storm. Not sure how I feel about this. Makes me feel old. Lolol
Ummmm......... you are older, not 20 anymore and you are recovering from Covid. Your wife is pretty darned wonderful to think of you with such love and consideration, so go tell her how awesome she is and how happy you are that you don't have to be out there in the cold, while you are recovering. :hugsHere's a hug from an old lady that ain't 20 any more.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Have a nice evening.
Your plumbing froze underground? Oh no. I know your wife is glad she married a fix-it man!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't mean to be a complainer but I have to call them how I "see" them. Or in this case, how I couldn't see them. Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to make the directions in 1/4 point font? I mean seriously I couldn't even get the camera to focus in so I could enlarge the picture to read it. I had to go and get bionic babe to read it for me.
View attachment 18073

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
I use my phone to read small print too! CC I guess you and me only have cataracts to look forward to! LOL

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning to everyone. Going to Groveton this morning. Don't have the truck loaded, yesterday I just sat around in a comatose state, just tired. I may throw something in it, but really don't care. I bought floor tile, Kilz, a few other items, to get that awful bedroom done.

@Grandmas Porch I'm thinking about you and your moving. I pray that all is well with y'all and that you are back here with us soon. :love

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
one winter when both of us had pneumonia and were just getting over it we got snowed in pretty well. i went out and shovelled for about 10 minutes and came in and said "Call the guy." who came and plowed us most of the way out. i didn't feel guilty at all.

Latest posts