Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I checked in on ribeye yesterday, to see how he's getting along at the spa. Looks to me like he's getting along well. He goes to the processor the second week of October. I believe the others pictured around him are going to the processor in two weeks. Then ribeye goes in another pasture, with some feeder angus to be finished, that way he won't be alone.

IMG_20220721_181237493~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter ya know how your cows "just happened" to be available when you wanted, had disappointment and then materialized almost without warning???

I've been wanting another buck for a while, things didn't work and this week, the unexpected shock happened...😇 Devine intervention....meet Cosmo. Things aligned.
I keep looking at him he's a beautiful animal to look at
@CrealCritter ya know how your cows "just happened" to be available when you wanted, had disappointment and then materialized almost without warning???

I've been wanting another buck for a while, things didn't work and this week, the unexpected shock happened...😇 Devine intervention....meet Cosmo. Things aligned.
I keep look at the picture you posted. I know next to nothing about goats, but I do know that's a beautiful looking animal and he looks content, not all "buckwild".

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
we are in a severe thunderstorm watch this morning, so we will see what the day brings. I had planned to go get more wood chips for the chicken run, finish up a small pen for the broody hen and her chicks (if/when they hatch) for the first few days in the coop just so the big Brahmas don't land on them :) I also wanted to get to the farm for some cukes (mine just aren't producing fruit and some tomatoes (I have TONS of yellow but not many red coming-I have like 75-100 just green waiting to turn) so that I can get some canning started. I also have to can up a 4-5 pints of green beans, likely tomorrow. Hope you all have a good day, stay safe and cool!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
75-100 just green waiting to turn) so that I can get some canning started. I also have to can up a 4-5 pints of green beans, likely tomorrow. Hope you all have a good day, stay safe and cool!
I'm with you! Tomatoes green but plentiful.....my beans are loaded but too young to pick for enough to can but, I see several canners full will happen. Right now enough to cook a side dish to keep them from going tough and stopping the plant from producing. I need to mow some garden grass! 😳🤫🤪

Lilbitsnpieces

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Checking in. Been working on house, put up some fence wire yesterday. Now I get to clip the T-posts. Finally got all the trim down. Laid plastic on floors yesterday, taped down. Still got to do closets, utility room and 1 bathroom. Then I’ll take down blinds, cover windows with plastic, cover light fixtures, door knobs, electrical outlets, cabinets and appliances. Then I’ll be ready to spray kilz on ceilings and walls. I’ll spray ceilings white. Then texture walls and roll out paint.
I took quarter round up, numbered each piece, labeled what room and taped in bundles. I’m tired and sore.

I think Peggy and Bennet are coming back this morning to run more wire. There are T-posts already set down driveway. Instead of knocking ourselves out trying to build new fence on property line between us, it’s in drought, ground is baked hard as concrete, we are putting wire up on driveway and across front yard, so his cows can graze the field over the winter. In return, they are helping me run wire to enclose a field for my sheep.

I got a lot to do. @Mini Horses i won’t get those shipping containers moved until I recover from knee replacement surgery, it will be next spring before I can lop off a corner of the driveway for better access.
Whew! I'm wore out READING this🤪😅

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I feel ya FJ! I used to think nothing of jumping in a vehicle and driving 10 - 12 hours a day (or more). I dread long drives now. The kind where you drive for 3 hours and when you stop can barely walk for the first few minutes out of the car. I lurch around like a drunken sailor before everything loosens back up and I can move again, lol. What's up with that???