Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I bought a $200 bunk feeder 10’ long that I can feed sheep from outside the fence. I got the regular aluminum tri fold walker with tennis balls on back legs to keep from scratching the floors. I bought a 4 wheeled Walker with a seat for later when I go feed and water. I can sit down when tired and the walker will give my knee some protection from the sheep. I’ve tried to think ahead and prepare as best as I could. @Ridgetop from BYH is here to help me the next few days. My son’s job is ending and he says he’ll hang around a couple weeks before hunting up another one. Got appointment on Monday for PT assessment.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Time always slows during a chore you dislike. Punishment.🤣

true, i did some caulking yesterday and i have more to do yet and cleanup to get ready for staining the house.

none of this is what i consider fun but i much prefer it to having to track down the dead animal that was in the garage. i smelled it when i went out one morning and i asked Mom if she did, but she said she didn't. so thinking perhaps it was an animal that got stuck in the car i pulled the car out of the garage and checked the front and underneath and in the engine compartment, the trunk and under the seats (perhaps some bit of groceries fell out of a bag and went under there?)... no luck with any of that so i pulled the car back in and hoped it would be it and not get too much too worse. no luck with that, yesterday morning when i went out the garage smelled even worse so then i had to play find the dead creature. i pulled the car out again and moved some things around and aired it out a bit and then i watched the flies. turned out it was a chipmunk in the corner no damage or mess and not really bad yet (it's been cool out), but it still reeked badly.

buried it. figured it must have gotten trapped in the garage when i closed it up for the night several days ago when we had the bad weather long enough that i didn't even go outside at all for a few days. it probably starved or died of thirst. poor critter...

Hot coffee while watching a steady, heavy rain. A soaker that's settled in for next 24 hr. Winds to pick up later....Ian moving through. Lucky we are on outskirts. Sad to see the devastation it has left over past day. 😫

yes, a lot of friends/relatives have things going on down there. :(

Latest posts