Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
what is wrong with taking pain meds? yes, they can be addictive and trouble, but if you can't sleep and get upset then you probably won't heal faster either. a few days of pain meds...

when i broke my collarbone the docs gave me two prescriptions for pain meds. one was supposedly for severe pain and the other was something mixed with codeine. i didn't take anything for the first day. that night i had one of the oddest dreams i've ever had in my life, but i was able to get back to sleep. after the 2nd day was half way through i was having muscle spasms from the cracked ribs and chest compression and so i gave in and tried the severe pain version. it made no difference at all. luckily the codeine version worked and was much better and i could get rest the first week until things eased off somewhat.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Part of the pain is actually the boredom and inactivity...you have just the pain and swelling to concentrate on..... I went through the same thing being stuck in a room because of the stupid covid regs and the horrible nursing home they stuck me in... I could not get my pain meds on any kind of cycle/timing... and then the inactivity literally drove me to tears. @baymule has taken a few of the pain pills... she is just so frustrated with the inactivity BECAUSE the knee pain is already less than before. It is the healing tissues and the swelling that is causing some more of the pain... a couple of days with the PT and feeling like she can actually get around a little and she will get over the helplessness feeling.... YEP... got to be careful to not get any dirt or infection... but the nice weather is also getting to her... and being by herself...... I'VE BEEN THERE... on top of the mental set back from the totally inadequate nursing home/rehab care... But she will be fine in a few days when she gets started in the PT and gets out of the house even for a little bit to PT.... which she will be cussing them for what they will be making her do and then she will have a REAL REASON to complain about the pain !!!!!!
She needs us to have a place to vent..... so she is !!!!!

When you are so active, even with the knee pain... she still could get out and do..... right now there is just the pain and uncomfortable swelling.... without the being able to get outside... it's a difficult situation. If you have never been alone with this feeling of needing someone to be there, it is hard to describe. And that someone does not have to wait on you... sometimes it is just the commiseration of "this sucks"..... @Ridgetop recently had hers replaced and stayed with her a few days right out of the hospital... so fully "got it"... it's a hard thing for a person that is basically alone.. for the first few weeks....

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I dewormed these guys a few days ago, they still love me. Going to schedule an appointment this week to have them looked at by a vet and have them "fixed".

I took cat calling lessons seriously "here kitty kitty kitty" they come running for a scratch behind the ear and a gentle petting. Still working on "move" and "out". It's baby steps... I can't expect immediate progress. We enjoy having them around. They should make great barn cats this winter. I'll make someplace nice and cozy for them, thinking a cat box kind of thing, get them a litter box and a heated water bowl also 👍

IMG_20221002_183654717~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pain gets your attention and alters your state of mind. If I'm sore I don't hesitate to take a decent otc to help get rid of it. As we age, it happens more often. :hide:old

Overcoming an operation needs pain relief to even get to emotional improvement. Another person to be there is always helpful....sometimes not available. But having an active life halted is even harder to accept....even short term!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The wife had gotten worse. Home rapid COVID test says negative. Chest congestion getting worse. Her issues prevent an OTC med barrage, so waiting for the doctor office to open for some prescriptions. (Standard drill here).

Not sure if I am getting it or not. Loaded up on the preventatives with plenty of water and rest

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The wife had gotten worse. Home rapid COVID test says negative. Chest congestion getting worse. Her issues prevent an OTC med barrage, so waiting for the doctor office to open for some prescriptions. (Standard drill here).
Oh dang - not good! Glad you're getting her to the doc's office.

You - DO NOT GET IT! You may consider that an order, lol. Hope it's nothing contagious and/or serious.