Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a propane stove and water heater, big half full tank outside. Have a jet in the kitchen, just haven’t really been in the do it now mode to get a heater. I’ve watched Craigslist and sometimes FB marketplace for a used one, but they are usually way too far away. Guess I’ll have to suck it up and go get a new one.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Happy Friday! Warm thoughts to you all in snow ❄️ today. Rained all night here.

Brisk and cold here this weekend. Our group is going to the Western Reserve National Cemetery tomorrow morning to participate in laying wreaths on the veteran gravesites. Over 45,000 vets/spouses are buried there.

Which group is that if you don't.mind me asking?

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had to chain the feeding through (sp?). To t-posts because I got tired of having to fetch it out of the pasture. My favorite of all the cattle, daisy, must have been wondering, what I'm doing with this mysterious wonderful black thing. That grain appears in everyday about this time. She was patiently waiting for grain to appear 😂 But the boys? Yeah, they were mooing at me and trying to lick my hand as I was working and bolting the chain from outside the fence. Does my fingers look like grain 🙄 cow licks 😝
IMG_20221216_143747357~4.jpg

Enjoy the remainder of your day.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Saturday Morning Everyone! Hope everyone has a good day. The Keurig is filled with water for coffee, tea, hot cocoa so please get some on this frosty cold morning. I would say enjoy a cookie or two with your preferred morning drink but ALL the cookies are gone shipped them with FH yesterday morning to his job for his co-workers to enjoy. All my dogs are snoozing so I'm taking advantage of having peace and quiet before they get up and are full of pee & vinegar especially the 2 pups (Kozmo [Beagle] and Savage [still don't know his breed].

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a propane stove and water heater,
A tip for those that use their stove's for heat, a large pot filled (like your canner) with water can produce a radiant heat, instead of it going straight up. When the furnace gives trouble in the camper, (usually while in transit) I've noticed it is equally warm as low as it will go under several gallons of water, as med-hi on one burner and med on a 2nd burner.
I've stuck random pieces of pipe in front of those kerosene, diesel, oil heaters and it makes a large difference. I've also walked 20' above and was comfortably warmer than 20' in front of it. Put it in a hooch and the FIRST thing that everybody does is move the pipe out of the way. That's when I just put it back in the truck.
You can stand around that pipe for awhile after the heater shuts off, with out something to hold the radiant heat, it's up and gone as soon as the heat shuts off.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
29 out and VERY thick fog- fire- coffee- My sweet youngest, lol35, went back down to Oregon yesterday. I enjoyed helping her make tamales. I always miss my girls, even though they are a text away . I did get the house vacuumed and that's it, I rested the rest of the day.

image_67176449.JPG

I think I may change my mind on baking--- how about some gingerbread? no powdered sugar on top, just plain.
I see if I have everything to make it. I think I will do this on Sunday.

https://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes/how-to-make/gingerbread-cookies-2/

https://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes/how-to-make/gingerbread-cookies-gluten-