Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
-2 with wind-chill. Quite extreme for here!! Nose count had everyone there for feeding. That's a good feeling!

I'm layered and ok but, cold....wish I could heat things for the animals. But they're in good health and well haired! Barns bedded and adequate. 👍

Back out for water tubs. Then done for a couple hrs. Was & repeat a couple more times today. Again tomorrow. 😁💨🥶
Bless your heart!!! hang in there,

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
you too, hang in there brother
Oh we're hanging in there just fine, but thanks 👍. My daughter in-law last night said I keep hearing a popping noise what is that? I said it's the vinyl siding. that's how cold and windy it got. Likely might see a little snow melt with it being sunny 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
-3 here this morning with wind chill-14... Sun came out and it got up to 8 but sun is behind clouds now. Water in house froze, probably underneath in crawl space/basement... cracked open the faucets last night but did not want too much water flowing or could have burned out well pump. Ice on all the bushes and trees still from Thursday's cold rain/sleet. Going to be a cold miserable day... at least with gas I can cook some. Opened all the faucets wide in house since I will be here if they do thaw but don't expect that today. Have water for the chickens and essentials in some buckets. Might hit teens today, upper 20's for Christmas, above freezing on Monday? :(:th:hit:hit

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
-3 here this morning with wind chill-14... Sun came out and it got up to 8 but sun is behind clouds now. Water in house froze, probably underneath in crawl space/basement... cracked open the faucets last night but did not want too much water flowing or could have burned out well pump. Ice on all the bushes and trees still from Thursday's cold rain/sleet. Going to be a cold miserable day... at least with gas I can cook some. Opened all the faucets wide in house since I will be here if they do thaw but don't expect that today. Have water for the chickens and essentials in some buckets. Might hit teens today, upper 20's for Christmas, above freezing on Monday? :(:th:hit:hit
sorry to hear that. Frozen plumbing is awful. I hope there's not too much damage.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am so sorry, I have heard of folks setting a space heater in crawl spaces,

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i could use some hot chocolate right now so that's what i'm heading for, anyone else up for a mug? :)

no cookies out, we've got a large box of chocolates we're working through but they're just not the same as a good cookie with hot chocolate. may have to get the graham crackers out. yes, that will do... :) :) :)

all is right in my world with that pressing matter decided. :)