Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Are you allergic to cat? Sorry :hide ;)
I joke about OK's weather to those who think it doesn't get below freezing here. I say it could be 70's on Christmas and 10 on New Years. Close this year. 0 last Thur 70 yesterday, this Thur.
OK as in Oklahoma. 🤣 my grandparents used to live there. Most snow I’ve seen in my life. When I was little I grabbed onto their Great Pyrenees to get through the snow.
Great memories, cold but good.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Go mix up some apple cider vinegar and honey, half and half. Pour a shot of that in a small glass, add water and sip on it until gone. In about 45 minutes your food poisoning will be gone. Even if throwing up, running at both ends, ACV and honey will take out food poisoning. If you throw up the first glass, take another one. Enough will get into your system to help you.
I usually do a shot or two with GSE, good to know acv works too.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
New years eve -- dentist closed. 🤷. Being real careful about what I eat or drink. Missing cap will be missing until Monday! Maybe perms will be there then🤞 will be 10 days...

Having coffee. Tricky. 😁

Light rains before dawn, misty & foggy. More late day. Lazy day coming up. They say maybe 1/2" overall.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Awesome I would like to try all those, expecially the garlic. So about two to three weeks to ferment then? I reckon it's done when no more bubbles rise.

On a side note... Our kraut turned out great 😋. Little did I know, sauerkraut juice is a "thing" 🤔 my wife obviously knew though. We drank a little sauerkraut juice last night, that my she saved in a quart jar, stored in the refrigerator. It was my first time drinking it. Really good (sour + salty) and very filling, can only drink a little at a time.

Yep it's a "thing" - little over a pint, almost $7.00

Psalm 23:1

Hope you enjoy your day in earth today 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
ya, it is pricey ,
I was going to buy a jar of raw firefly kraut to tie me over until this batch was done--NO, I did not, it was 12.99 for a 8oz jar

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Well, last evening was some pretty severe rigors (teeth chattering) with a low grade fever, but lots of fluids and bedrest. Up and about a little (besides potty breaks). Feeling meh with no stamina. Had to bail on seeing the kids today.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, last evening was some pretty severe rigors (teeth chattering) with a low grade fever, but lots of fluids and bedrest. Up and about a little (besides potty breaks). Feeling meh with no stamina. Had to bail on seeing the kids today.
Well, it does sound like the good old fashioned intestinal flu --hydrate, got Gatorade or liquid IV?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hello everyone

It's overcast and 42 degrees, wind is 1.2 mph, gusting to 4.7 mph from the SW. The ground is soggy from snow melt and rains over the last few days. We aren't short on mud, that's for sure.

I hope you enjoy your day 👍

Psalm 23:2

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸