Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
4:18am Coffees ready, coops open and the fire is going,
I have 5 nice big biscuits left form the big batch I made on Saturday, So I think BK will be onion gravy with bacon bits in it, biscuits and eggs on top.
I am not going to cook lunch today, I have chores to work on but I'll start supper at 2:30,
So y'all come at 4 for dinner, nothing fancy chicken breasts, mixed veg, and quinoa.

now its 4:41, time for more coffee :caf

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is break time,

58F6D104-5BC4-4A95-95FB-6867E34835BA.jpeg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was late feeding the cattle. Somehow I feel asleep. My wife let me sleep although I didn't need or want to sleep. She woke me.just before dusk and asked me if I fed everyone? I answered no. I grab a cup of coffee drank some. Still half awake I walked out the door and I could have swore I heard the pasture bell ring 3 times. When the cattle seen me they started mooing. I ring the pasture bell 3 times before I feed them, every evening. I'm pretty consistent with the time I feed them.

So I get the feed bucket with grain and walk to the pasture bell, gab the string to ring it and it's all wet, nasty cow slobber. One of those cattle is being a wiseguy! I'm pretty sure it was T-Bone, because he's tall enough to grab the string in his mouth and he was standing right by the string. But seriously... ring the bell 3 times and not 1 or 2 or 4, 5, quite strange.

Suspected wiseguy 👇
IMG_20230117_170808327~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone! Happy Hump Day!!! Halfway through the week so just hang on because the weekend will be here pretty soon.
Coffee is hot and ready for all you early birds like me.
I was woken up around 2:45 seeing how our one and only female dog (SHE'S FIXED) decided she was going to stand at the gate and whine. We can't shut the bedroom door seeing how it gets too hot in there ( yes even with the heat on 68) so we have a baby/pet gate up to keep them all from running the house and destroying it all because somehow she didn't end up in the bedroom when we went to bed last night and she wanted in.
well it sounds like he is a blessed man to have you there to be a good helper.
Yes Ma'am he is and he has been told by different people he would be lost if I wasn't here and he agrees too seeing how I keep him in line and keep the house running somewhat smoothly.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rain day today and currently 42 degrees. Could just as easily be snow it is mind January after all 😂

Thankfully it's not snow
Thankful is not freezing
Thankful Almighty woke me up and allowed me to go from horizontal to vertical
Thankfully Jesus is my Lord and Savior
Thankful for the Holy Spirit.
Thankful I will be spending eternity in heaven
Thankful I will NOT be spending eternity in hell.

Wow that's a lot to be thankful for, isn't it? So how could today not be an awesome day for me to enjoy?

I hope you too enjoy your day!❤️

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Rain day today and currently 42 degrees. Could just as easily be snow it is mind January after all 😂

Thankfully it's not snow
Thankful is not freezing
Thankful Almighty woke me up and allowed me to go from horizontal to vertical
Thankfully Jesus is my Lord and Savior
Thankful for the Holy Spirit.
Thankful I will be spending eternity in heaven
Thankful I NOT be spending eternity in hell.

Wow that's a lot to be thankful for, isn't it? So how could today not be a awesome an awesome day for me to enjoy?

I hope you too enjoy your day!❤️

Thankfulness is contentment= JOY