Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I think it's all addressed. The CSR rep handled it with the store rep
The phone is back on the old number

The sales rep lied, saying there were 15 people ahead of him in the store so he had to wait. Bzzzt wrong answer.

She is now talking to the store rep.

I think we are about to go to DEFCON 1

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I mentioned to brisket that pretty soon the pastures will be full of green grasses. I think he's patiently waiting, what you think?
IMG_20230206_134942254.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bless their little ol’ pea pickin’ hearts!

Bless your heart is Southern Speak for “You are STUPID “

Bless their little ol’ pea pickin’ hearts!
Means they gonna DIE!
Hmm, let’s see. I think one of the last times I had to add pea pickin’ to a bless your heart was when a friends boyfriend decided to scream at her. That simply does not fly around me. He darn near flew, but the screaming didn’t.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
With a heavy heart, I had my old ram, Ringo, put down yesterday afternoon. Ringo would have been 10 years old on the 28th of this month. Ram life expectancy is 10-12 years old. Over the weekend he shut down. Quit eating, drinking, no pee, no poop, refused even his beloved animal crackers. Took him to the vet, who examined him. Ringo had some kind of blockage internally and it was decided to put him down. I sat in the floor of the trailer, stroking his face as he left me.

Neighbor came over with his tractor this morning and we buried Ringo. Before we put him in the hole, I let the dogs out to say goodbye. They knew something was wrong with him over the weekend and tried to comfort him. They licked him, cuddled next to him and just stayed close. When I left yesterday, Sentry ran the fence line to the road, whining. Heartbreaking.

The dogs sniffed Ringo all over, then laid down a short distance away as he was covered up.

BJ and I went to Tennessee to get Ringo 4 years ago. He was the most un-ram like ram ever. Sweet, gentle, calm and just wanted love and attention, plus his animal crackers.

I have 16 breeding ewes, 12 are his daughters. I have 3 new lambs, ewes, that are his daughters and I have 5 bred ewes. Ringo is the foundation for my flock and has left his legacy.

This. This made me bawl and I’m still crying.

Love has no boundaries. Sentry. His name says it all.

C808EF62-2151-4E7C-8B47-B1821F98334B.jpeg

39FB431B-14F7-4F8F-B375-429A84C53405.jpeg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:hugs so sorry @baymule ! We get so attached! Poor Sentry! 😢

My oldest sheep are 10 years old this spring, and one looks rough. I'm not ready 😰
I still have one of the original 4 ewes BJ and I bought. Ewenique is 9 years old with a set of 4 week old lambs on her. She’s still going strong. She has her forever home.
I can understand why breeders sell older ewes and rams in favor of keeping the younger ones coming up, to replace them. They get to skip the heartache. Not to mention the problems older sheep can have.

They sure do capture our hearts. You should write more about your sheep.

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
With a heavy heart, I had my old ram, Ringo, put down yesterday afternoon. Ringo would have been 10 years old on the 28th of this month. Ram life expectancy is 10-12 years old. Over the weekend he shut down. Quit eating, drinking, no pee, no poop, refused even his beloved animal crackers. Took him to the vet, who examined him. Ringo had some kind of blockage internally and it was decided to put him down. I sat in the floor of the trailer, stroking his face as he left me.

Neighbor came over with his tractor this morning and we buried Ringo. Before we put him in the hole, I let the dogs out to say goodbye. They knew something was wrong with him over the weekend and tried to comfort him. They licked him, cuddled next to him and just stayed close. When I left yesterday, Sentry ran the fence line to the road, whining. Heartbreaking.

The dogs sniffed Ringo all over, then laid down a short distance away as he was covered up.

BJ and I went to Tennessee to get Ringo 4 years ago. He was the most un-ram like ram ever. Sweet, gentle, calm and just wanted love and attention, plus his animal crackers.

I have 16 breeding ewes, 12 are his daughters. I have 3 new lambs, ewes, that are his daughters and I have 5 bred ewes. Ringo is the foundation for my flock and has left his legacy.

View attachment 22622

View attachment 22623
I'm so sorry 😢

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have some goats aging...🙄. And some young ones. Bloodlines to help establish your herd. As you acquire more, it becomes easier to sell off but, those who get you started usually live out life as a friend and thank you. It's rarely more than a few -- I'm ok with that. Quite often they were not babes when bought, still did what was needed and expected. 😊

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

View attachment 22622

View attachment 22623
I am so sorry Baymule!
He was such a good boy for your flock and I know you were the absolute best caretaker.

Latest posts