Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks! i am toddering along. we really could use some rain.
Us too!!!! it is as dry as august here, no rain in May [maybe a drizzle for a few min, ] Lots of clouds that were as dak as they can be and no rain----------------- western washington is very dry

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well we had supper at 1:30pm,,, DH is out washing the car, I cleaned up the kitchen and,,,, am feeling very🥱😴🥱 sleepy.
I guess there is no rule that I cant have a nap 😂
I think,
clean out the ash from the wood stoves
go through the house with the duster
wash window---------------
Will all be here tomorrow.
I think I am done for the day.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning all! Have a blessed Saturday all!!!
Okay, which one of you decided to empty the coffee pot without making more @Grandmas Porch , @baymule, @Mini Horses, @tortoise or was it @frustratedearthmother ????
Yesterday evening a coworker of FH stopped by to do some work for us that's out of mine and FH league or too high for us (we both like keeping our feet planted on firm ground) and when that co-worker put the new accordion pipe in for the exhaust fan we found a nest (almost filled the old pipe) with 5 eggs in it. Right now I still have that old pipe laying on the ground seeing how I don't know to move the nest with the eggs seeing how I want Mama Bird to still sit on them. Yes, I have a spot picked to put the nest once I figure out how to move the nest without touching the eggs so any advice I'm given will be a step in a good direction. I don't want to leave the pipe on the ground for the wild animals to get too either. I've never had to do something like that before either.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She won't know where it is now that it's moved. IMO you might as well toss if it can't be placed at original site. 🤷

And NO -- I didnt leave that empty pot :hide

Fence day....finally here!! I'll be in lower field if ya need me🤣next to a red tractor.

Latest posts