Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lotta tents there @Country homesteader 😁 no food pics? Dang, everyone ate it up! Looks like fun. πŸ‘
Not really a lot of tents just a couple small ones and one big tent 10x30. Next year when FH and I get married there's going to be more tents set up and the wedding party is going to be under the BIG tent the guests are going to be sitting in chairs under the smaller ones at the venue we rented already but that's just for the ceremony and the reception is going to be inside. I didn't get a chance to get any food pics because as we was sitting it out people were lining up to get plates full but there was at least 3 long tables that was fully loaded. I'm just glad we didn't cook all the meat FH had planned on cooking seeing how fridge is full of leftovers.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our first 1 gallon kombucha test batch results at 5 weeks. 2 weeks primary ferment and 3 weeks capped tight in a thick glass bottles, makes for a nice smooth tasting naturally carbonated kombucha.

I like it with ice, it's kind of like a very mild tea with just a good ballance of sweet and tart. Farmbabe added cranberry/apple natural flavoring at bottling time, which I can also taste. It's an enjoyable thirst quenching drink, that's said to have many health benefits.
IMG_20230820_142533420~2.jpg

Yins should try making kombucha, doubt you'll be disappointed πŸ‘

Jesus is Lord and Christ πŸ™β€οΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morning all! I'm recovering from yesterday, went to bed around 10:30 We still had company so yes I was a bad hostess but everyone knew I had been up since 3 so I was exhausted FH stayed out with them for another 30 minutes then had to practically kick them off the property seeing how he said something then one replied "r u saying you want us to leave?" his answer was yes I would like to go to bed too so they left and yup I was still awake when he came in seeing how NONE of the dogs wanted to settle down for the night. There's still a little bit of cleaning up to do plus tearing down and taking care of tents. Pics of set up and during the BBQ. I think I'm going to need another cup or 2 before I get going. Later on today we have to go over to a close family friends house seeing how her brother is going to be the photographer/ videographer of the wedding and we got to talk to him he lives out of state so he's here visiting for a few days. Everyone had a blast!!!!!

It looks like everyone had a great day!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The weekend is over and its back to the chores.
The air is thicker today with smoke from Eastern Washington and Canada fires.
You all have a great night, sleep well

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I reckon my neighbors were at the farmers market today. one of my neighbors has a 12 year old boy. my neighbor was telling me that he was asking about pears at the farmers market but they didn't have any. he wanted to try a pear because he's never had a pear before. So I txt his momma and asked if I could come over about 9:30 and that I had something for him.

So I grabbed a sack and put a dozen or so nice ripe and turning pears in the sack. His momma must not said anything to him that I was coming. I went in with the sack and said to him, somebody told me you never had a pear before, is that true? He said he never tried a pear before. then I handed him the sack and said this is for you.

he opened the sack and his face lit up with a big smile. I said let me give you a little hint. the ones that are yellow are ripe and good to eat now. the green ones you can set out on the counter and they will ripen in the next several days. I also said I didn't spray them so you can eat around any bad spots or cut them out.

He grabbed a good yellow one and washed it off. took a little taste bite and he was grinning ear to ear. I said looks like, you like pears hu? he said it's kind of like an apple but softer and juicer and way sweeter. He devoured that pear quick, had pear juice running down his chin πŸ˜‚

His momma walked me out to the front porch. She said thank you so much. I said I figured it would get a smile and it did, a big one.

I thought about your pear tree today-
God used that pear tree, and you,

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
my neighbor's got done picking more no spray pears a little while ago. there's still more up there, just too high to pick.

Screenshot_20230820-201515~2.png

They picked a good sized basket and two milk crates full. Picked more than enough to can up batches of pears, she said πŸ‘. so our little community got pears this year, that is a blessing. Pear slices in lite syrup over cottage cheese πŸ˜‹

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my neighbor's got done picking more no spray pears a little while ago. there's still more up there, just too high to pick.

View attachment 24328

They picked a good sized basket and two milk crates full. Picked more than enough to can up batches of pears, she said πŸ‘. so our little community got pears this year, that is a blessing. Pear slices in lite syrup over cottage cheese πŸ˜‹

Who’s driving and who’s picking

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not really a lot of tents just a couple small ones and one big tent 10x30. Next year when FH and I get married there's going to be more tents set up and the wedding party is going to be under the BIG tent the guests are going to be sitting in chairs under the smaller ones at the venue we rented already but that's just for the ceremony and the reception is going to be inside. I didn't get a chance to get any food pics because as we was sitting it out people were lining up to get plates full but there was at least 3 long tables that was fully loaded. I'm just glad we didn't cook all the meat FH had planned on cooking seeing how fridge is full of leftovers.
Is this what he had in mind?
Screenshot_20230816-131936.png

πŸ˜‚

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our first 1 gallon kombucha test batch results at 5 weeks. 2 weeks primary ferment and 3 weeks capped tight in a thick glass bottles, makes for a nice smooth tasting naturally carbonated kombucha.

I like it with ice, it's kind of like a very mild tea with just a good ballance of sweet and tart. Farmbabe added cranberry/apple natural flavoring at bottling time, which I can also taste. It's an enjoyable thirst quenching drink, that's said to have many health benefits.
View attachment 24323

Yins should try making kombucha, doubt you'll be disappointed πŸ‘

I like plain the best. Helps keep the gut regular, too.